New Recliner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoadWriter

We want to replace the recliner that came in our 2005 Winnebago Adventurer with a LazyBoy.  I wondered if anyone has done that, and if they managed to get it through the doorway.  Some LBs come apart, but does the bottom still fit?

What about FlexSteel  recliners that are made for RVs.  What is the difference?  Thanks.

JJ

We just replaced the recliner in our coach with a flexsteel.  We also removed the couch and had built ins installed and put another recliner in as well.  Everything came out of the door just fine and the new pieces also went in with no problem.  We did removed the holding rod on the door so that it opened more fully to get the bigger of the recliners in.  Worked great.

Marsha~

Time for the ol' tape measure. BTW, I think LaZBoy puts measurements on their web site. Don't forget clearance between the chair and the wall, and room to raise the legs. Good luck!

Winnebago does use Flexsteel recliners in a variety of their units and if memory serves me, the door width is at least 28" and possibly 30" depending on the year.  Don't measure width, height, or depth, the way to get a recliner into the unit is...tip it on the side, recline the back, extend the footrest (some lazyboys do this all in one motion) and "snake" it in sideways.  Another way to look at it is...lay it out sideways, it's much thinner that way, headrest in first, turn it toward the front of the coach, after the base is in, you may need to angle it back to get the footrest in? 

A word of caution...make sure you can secure the base, traveling with a loose piece of furniture is like putting an acme anvil over the head of Willie Coyote...not recommended.

The back can be removed on most recliners, at least they can on our two Lazyboys. Remove the back and the casters (if it has them) and then take it in sideways. They are also easy to attach to the floor too since the frame can almost always be reached from the bottom. Just use four L brackets to secure it, making sure the screws won't penetrate anything important below.

Woody

Back
Top Bottom