New roof installed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

speerk

Hi guys, just got the roof on my 5th wheel trailer replace at Camping World, because of neglect from previous owner. My question is after getting it home i was looking it over and noticed they did not re-caulk the gutter strip on the sides that holds the roofing, the old caulk is still on the strip. Shouldn't they re-caulked the strip? I'm taking it back to them because i did a quick look over at the store, but when i got it home i looked in the shower and toilet room and they were cover in saw dust and the vent fan cover was still laying in the floor, also there seems to be something under the roof in several spots. So my question is shouldn't the strips be re-caulked when a new roof is installed?
thanks 

We just had our roof replaced on our travel trailer after we "collided" with a cherry picker in the parking space of the storage unit.  We have all new caulking on ours.  There was a little saw dust in the bedrooms, but nothing excessive.  Now I need to check and make sure the bathroom is okay!

There is no need to replace caulk if the seal has not been disturbed and the existing caulk is in good shape.  It's not clear to me exactly where this old caulk seam is, but obviously they did not have to remove it to install the new roof. Whether it should have been removed and redone I cannot say without  seeing where the new roof side seam lies. Any chance of posting a picture?

Sounds like CW did sloppy work, which is not an unusual complaint from their customers.

ok i post some pictures as soon as the weather lets me take them
thanks for the replies

Back
Top Bottom