New RV Family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RamblingJohn

Hey guys! We are the proud new owners of a 1999 Holiday Rambler Vacationer. We have 2 infant twins and a 7-year-old boy, and a bad dog. My wife has been trying to get me to buy an RV for years and the time finally seemed right. We are making a cross-country move in about a month so I am trying to make sure everything with the RV is ready for the road. Military is moving our stuff, we just have to move us. The rig has brand new tires, new batteries, new carburetor for the Onan 4000, and supposedly a full tune-up. Found this forum while researching and I have a lot of questions to ask, but I won't clog up this thread. Glad to be here!

Attachments

• Rotate20180903.jpg
    Rotate20180903.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 17
Welcome to The RV Forum. Glad you found us.

I fixed your photo. The original photo must have been taken with the camera/phone 'upside down'. When you view it on your phone or computer, a small info file tells the software in which orientation the photo was taken, and the software corrects it. So it displays 'right side up'. Our forum software displays the photo in the original orientation.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Welcome! Are you going to take your time going across the country or do you have to get there quickly?

We aren't sure yet. I'm trying to get an extra week of leave and in that case we'll be able to take our time. Two things we want to see for sure are the Alamo and the Grand Canyon. If anyone has cool spots to visit between Northeast Florida to Arizona or AZ to Washington State, I'd love to hear it. We're still in the early planning stages. It's a little intimidating, to say the least!

Tom said:
Welcome to The RV Forum. Glad you found us.

I fixed your photo. The original photo must have been taken with the camera/phone 'upside down'. When you view it on your phone or computer, a small info file tells the software in which orientation the photo was taken, and the software corrects it. So it displays 'right side up'. Our forum software displays the photo in the original orientation.

Good to know, Tom! I even tried flipping it upside down, saving it, and reuploading with the same results. I'm familiar with meta-tags just never think about 'em.

Welcome to the RV Forum from an old Army Brat.  We made many trips to/from new posts before the interstate system existed.  It wasn't always easy but we survived!  :) When do you expect to be making this trip?  I ask because winter is approaching and you may need to take weather into account.

ArdraF

Welcome to the forum, The RV made life quite comfortable on several of our PCS moves. When the children were small, diapers etc....the MH was a true friend. Back then we didn't have seat belts etc...so we took it easy and the wife would change diapers while we were going down the road, feed the kids snacks and the older kids would sit by the back window with a sign saying help we are being kidnapped. Enjoy the trip, the kids will remember it the rest of their lives.

gwcowgill said:
Welcome to the forum, The RV made life quite comfortable on several of our PCS moves. When the children were small, diapers etc....the MH was a true friend. Back then we didn't have seat belts etc...so we took it easy and the wife would change diapers while we were going down the road, feed the kids snacks and the older kids would sit by the back window with a sign saying help we are being kidnapped. Enjoy the trip, the kids will remember it the rest of their lives.

Yeah, I would have flipped if we had a MH when I was a kid. We're so excited!

Back
Top Bottom