New RV owner!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great members here.

I am of the opinion that there could easily be a Bachelor of Science degree at some university on RV ownership.

My personal opinion is that you need to learn everything you can on maintenance as fast as you can. Failing at maintenance can be pretty unforgiving. Most RV construction is with indoor glues. They resist a water leak about as well as a sugar cube. You cannot wait to spot a leak. At that point, a LOT of damage is done. You must develop an eye for spotting future leaks-in-the-making and prevent them from ever happening.

Last edited:
Welcome from across the way a bit. I lived in San Antonio for 11 years before I moved here (just north of Houston). There is a lot to learn for sure. I think Tiercel has a great post. But don't let the maintenance side overwhelm you. Take a trip or two close to home. Learn the basics (parking, hooking up, dumping (always a subject of interest), tear down, etc. I say close to home because you might find you forget something you really need. And it's also kinda close and in your comfort zone.

I also recommend you bring a notepad and pen/pencil (or the electronic equivalent of it). This way you can write down things you forgot, things you brought but don't really need, things that didn't work (or work quite right), and things that did work (that make you feel good).

And finally, like Gary said, ask questions here. there is a lot of experience on this forum. Someone will have your answer.

So, welcome to the forum, and hope to see you down the road.

Welcome aboard.
I will suggest you take a moment and complete your signature file. At least the model of RV you have and any other information that will help us find solution to problems that show up. Folks on this forum can find a fix to most problems not involving romance or what the brother-in-law did on the last trip.

Congratulation on your purchase, see you around the campfire!

I Always say to make up a two lists. One is the one of things you have to have and a separate list of things which would be nice to have. Only pack the first list. You don’t want to overload the RV with things you may never use. There are Walmart’s all over the place in case you missed something.
Also when packing and taking something out of the house, only do that if you have two of the same thing. Go and buy one for the RV. You don’t want to be moving those steak knives at the beginning and the end of a trip.
Now get out and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom