New Tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Godward

Well  we needed new tires on the Jeep so we got them attached to a 2014 Jeep GC.  Wow the innovation in the last 12 years!

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1381447893745.jpg
    ResizedImage_1381447893745.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 59
  • ResizedImage_1381447894456.jpg
    ResizedImage_1381447894456.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 45
  • ResizedImage_1381447894923.jpg
    ResizedImage_1381447894923.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 43
I almost considered one, the new ones are really good looking.  That is one fine vehicle, kind of a jump from tires to a new vehicle attached to them though isn't it? ;)

PatrioticStabilist said:
I almost considered one, the new ones are really good looking.  That is one fine vehicle, kind of a jump from tires to a new vehicle attached to them though isn't it? ;)

It's a little better than buying the tires and then a new car!  :)

Congrats, Jim.

We are driving a Grand Cherokee because of an off-hand comment you made about the "new Jeeps" at lunch at Famous Dave's a couple of years ago.

Hope you have the great times and satisfaction that this car has given us over the first 16 months and 43,000 miles.

Also hope you did business with Billion in Bozeman.  They have given us much better service and advice than our selling dealer back in NC!

Greg the service manager and Tara the service writer are tops!

Enjoy those new tires!

Don

Thanks, and glad you like the Jeep.

We bought from Yellowstone Country in Livingston as my past experience with B was not good.  I have dealt with YC for over 12 years and always been happy.  I did not get the deal I would have liked but they didn't either, I guess that is called negotiation.

Now to get it set up for towing.  I need a new base plate and someone to install it.  I'm trying to get the information and picture of actual installations to make sure it is not noticeable.  What base did you use?

BTW, what are your plans now that you are unemployed?

Jim --

We use a Blue-Ox Base plate, Part Number BX-1128.  It has removable connectors so that when you are not towing nothing sticks out of the front of the Jeep.  I tried to take a picture of the front of our Jeep, but the flash on my camera is weak so the pictures were not useful.  I'll take one in the morning and send it to you via email.

Sorry about your poor experience with Billion.  We've only dealt with the service department, but over the last 10 years, starting with a problem with our old Dodge Ram Diesel, they have really stepped up.

As to our plans now that we are unemployed, we are in Salt Lake City tonight, going to Grand Junction tomorrow, then leaving the moho there and driving the Jeep over to Denver to visit with our daughter and SIL for a couple of days, then back to GJ to pick up the moho and head south along the west side of the mountains to Albuquerque and east to NC by way of Texas.  Need to be back in NC by November 1.

Hope to see you on your way east.  We hope to be in the house when you get here.

Larry N. said:
Boy, those are high priced tires, Jim.  ;) ::)

Congratulations on the new Jeep -- you'll likely enjoy it a lot.

I know several here on the forum that bought tires for their existing RV and then bought a new RV.  Those are expensive tires!  :)

Jim

Here are some pics of our recent 2014 Cadillac SRX Blue Ox & Airforce One install at Hitch Pro and Tow ,Eugene,OR....http://www.hitchpro.org/index.php

The install took all day.

Attachments

• Tow Bar-Brake install 2013-007.JPG
    Tow Bar-Brake install 2013-007.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Tow Bar-Brake install 2013-012.JPG
    Tow Bar-Brake install 2013-012.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 22
  • Tow Bar-Brake install 2013-016.JPG
    Tow Bar-Brake install 2013-016.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Tow Bar-Brake install 2013-017.JPG
    Tow Bar-Brake install 2013-017.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Tow Bar-Brake install 2013-006.JPG
    Tow Bar-Brake install 2013-006.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3069.JPG
    IMG_3069.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 25
Thanks, Terry.  I have to get new base and braking system and am considering the Blue OX one.  I have to get the installation instructions and see how bad or good they are.  Not sure where to get whatever installed here and Eugene is a little out of our way.  Family would love to have us drive out there though!!  :)

AF one looks like a good one to me too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom