New to Forum, but old camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keith

Hello,

I'm new to the Forum, but I've been camping from tents to truck bed covers to pop-ups to a fifth wheel and now in a 38 foot Sandpiper travel trailer that I have stored at Myrtle Beach. My wife was spending 7-8 weeks at Pirateland campground in Myrtle Beach in our 28 ft fifth wheel. I still had to work, so I came to set it up, brig it home and a couple of weeks in between. We eventually traded for the Sandpiper after we fgured that we were doing most, if not all of our camping at Myrtle Beach. I bought the biggest trailer I could get since somebody else is now towing it! I'm now retired, so we're trying to decide if we should keep the Sandpiper, buy a small motor home or fifth wheel to go other places or sell the Sandpiper and get a larger Motorhome or fifth wheel. Our two boys are now grown, but we enjoy camping with our two Chihuahuas, family and friends. I like the Forum because you have access to a wealth of experience from other campers on almost any problem that comes up. I have some items I plan to post on some of the boards:

1. Camping World sells extended warranty, but you need to be aware that you have to bring your camper back to them for repair.

2. Pirateland collects 10% on top of any RV service work performed in the campground. Forces the repair company to collect it and turn it over to them monthly. This can be expensive if you need a new Air Conditioner or other major work.

Hi Keith, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Hopefully some of us can also benefit from your extensive experience.

Hi Keith,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are glad you found us.  Please join in the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any questions you might have relating to the RVing lifestyle.  We are looking forward to your participation.

Hope you will be able to join us at a RV Forum rally sometime.

Hi Keith,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure staying at Myrtle Beach or traveling the country can be a hard decision if you really like it there.

We have been full timing for 8 1/2 years and love to move around and see the wonders we have in this great country. It's also fun to meet many of the members of this forum. We just returned from a 10,300++ mile journey out west for the winter. We had a great time and were fortunate to see the desert in bloom that only happens rarely. We hope to be able to do this for many years to come.

We own a lot at The Great Outdoors in Titusville, FL and sometimes visit it. :) We'll be there this coming winter and, depending upon the economy and fuel prices, we hope to be out west again in a couple of years.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom