New (to me) 1984 Vogue II - Restore or junk?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

audiv8q

Well... I just got a 38' Vogue II from 1986, and find myself wondering whether it is worthy of restoration, or whether I should scrap it.

I believe it is a Dodge chassis, and I am impressed with the 1-piece fiberglass roof, and the early smooth fiberglass outer skin - and it is clear to see that when it was new, it was a "top of the line" model - but it is totally destroyed inside, and a restoration would include taking it down to nothing - including removing (carefully) the outer skin and rebuilding the walls - likely new floors too.

So I would be interested to know anyone's perspective on the old girl - restore or junk?

Junk - for the amount of money it would cost to bring it back to just being usable you could buy one hell of a nice used RV. You are looking at $3k to $4k just for a new set of tires.

If your going to completely redo something, in my opinion, you should buy a nice bus chasis and build it the way you want it.

Tom gives you the practical side of advice. but have you ever seen a classic old Vogue?  They are gorgeous!  If your pain tolerance is high, and your budget can handle it, the end result would be wonderful and something you would be proud of.

It would have to be a labor of love rather than a quest for economic return. Those old Vogues are classics, though.

"Totally destroyed" would give me pause, though. You can pick up old Vogues in usable condition for around $4000 - $8000 and really nice ones for $17,000.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terbsenih
Back
Top Bottom