New to me Winnebago Vectra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan Walters

Just wanted to post a note here since I am a new Winnebago owner and have not posted in the Winnebago Owner Specific section before.  I have been a member of the forum since 2006 and this is my third motorhome since that time.  I previously owned a 1998 Tiffin Allegro and a 2000 Fleetwood American Dream.  I just sold the American Dream but have owned the Vectra since October, 2018.  I have already made some modifications to the Winnie and will try to post some pictures of those in a separate post.  For now, I'm excited about owning the Vectra and look forward to learning more from all of you veteran Winnie owners.  Here's a shot of the new rig.

Attachments

• Photo May 31, 3 29 03 PM.jpg
    Photo May 31, 3 29 03 PM.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 71
It is a 2005 Vectra 40KD with 3 slides, King Bed, 2nd vanity in the bedroom.  I posted thread on my tv lift cabinet modification and I also replaced the Norcold 1200 RV fridge, which quit working, with a residential fridge.  I have also replaced the old Sealand toilet with an Aria II Deluxe Electric flush china toilet.

Thanks John.  I have read most, if not all, of your posts on the mods to your coach.  You've done a lot of upgrades and you do an excellent job on all of them.  My next one is to get MCD Shades installed.  I have an appointment to take it to MCD in McKinney on April 15 to get them installed.

Thanks John, and yes, I will.  I had MCD shades installed in my American Dream back in 2014 and I did love them.  I didn't realize how much until I got the Vectra and it didn't have them.  Now I can't wait to get them installed on the Winnie.  I'm gonna have to modify the front TV cabinet that was originally built to house an old CRT television.  I sent pictures to them and they said it would be in the way of the windshield blinds.  Did you have to do that when you had your shades installed?  I've got to tackle that in the next couple of weeks to get it done before I go.  MCD used to have a guy that would do those kind of modifications and build custom valances but they said that he moved up to Elkhart, IN a few months ago and they don't have anyone who can do that now.

This is a nice looking rig.  I have been following your posts because I am interested in, my next RV, a king-sized bed and a TV situated at eye level.  Also, perhaps more leg room in the bathroom.  We love our 2003 Fleetwood 37U but are thinking ahead ~5 years when I retire.

Thank  you so much for sharing. 

Thank you for your reply.  She's been well cared for and looks pretty good for 14 years old.  We like her and hope to get many more years of adventures with her.

I have had a Vectra for almost 5 years now and we love it.
Compared to many other coaches we?ve seen attention was paid to the details during construction.

Dan Walters said:
[...] I'm gonna have to modify the front TV cabinet that was originally built to house an old CRT television.  I sent pictures to them and they said it would be in the way of the windshield blinds.  Did you have to do that when you had your shades installed?  I've got to tackle that in the next couple of weeks to get it done before I go.  MCD used to have a guy that would do those kind of modifications and build custom valances but they said that he moved up to Elkhart, IN a few months ago and they don't have anyone who can do that now.
My floorplan (40AD) didn't have the TV over the dash - one of the primary reasons we chose that particular floorplan. The front shades were a fairly easy install, just the A pillar plastic cover had to be trimmed a bit.

That's a shame their valance/cabinet guy left, he made our dash area valences and did a nice job. You obviously have the woodworking skills to roll your own and remove the old TV box.

Yes it is a shame that they lost him.  His name was Wilson and he built some beautiful valances for the front of our American Dream back in 2014 when we had the shades installed.  I was so disappointed that he was no longer there.

Attachments

• IMG_4517.JPG
    IMG_4517.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back