new to R.V.ing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtaylor

hellow everyone I ame very exited about the purchase of my new 5er. I have been camping across arizona since I was a kid and at the age of 37 I have made it out of the tent!!! Anyway, I am new to r.v.ing and hope to have lots of fun. My wife and I are looking for a family friendly park in the area of SeaWorld in california and was told this is a good place to ask.

San Diego right?    SD has a number of parks but many are seemingly devoted to snowbirds and old folks.  The closest to Sea World will be Mission Bay RV Resort.  It is a bit pricey and seems a bit rule bound but it does have a beach and is on Mission Bay. The other is the San Diego Metro KOA.  Like most KOAs it is family friendly to say the least.  The site is nice and woodsy as I remember and their prices are a bit cheaper.  The KOA is down in Chula Vista but is reasonably accessable to Sea World.

Hi jtaylor,

I live in San Diego.  There are a couple of places that Carl didn't mention.  Chula Vista RV park is good; but it's pricey and you'll need reservations.  It also is right on the bay.  There is another park that might work out better, it's a few miles further, but it has lots of room and it's a fun place for kids.  It's Santee RV park in Santee with full hookups.  They have recently upgraded the park, have 50 amp service and wifi.  It's also next to  Mission Regional Park with trails to hike and things to check out.  Santee RV Park should be listed in the Trailer Life and/or Woodalls.

Marsha~

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions.

Back
Top Bottom