New to RV Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meme54

Hi I?m new to forum and we are looking to downsize from a 40ft diesel to 30ft diesel class c any suggestion on where I can find pros/cons and which one is better made?

We now have a 2003 40ft Holiday Rambler diesel and are looking for 28-30ft diesel class C.

The ones here is Louisiana have been Jayco, Forest River and Forester.  Would appreciate any help.

The only site(s) we're aware of that attempt to rank RVs have little credibility; They typically don't even check out the products, and who know what criteria they use to rank them. If you can, take along a knowledgeable/experienced RV tech to check out the motorhomes you're considering.

We may be downsizing at the end of 2019.  If we were buying today, we would probably buy a Dynamax Isata 3.  However, we may consider a short class A. We like the Winnebago Via 25Q. Good luck in your search and please let us know what you decide to buy.

Your choice in the 28-30 ft size is going to be limited. The higher end diesel C's are bigger, 36-45 feet (Jayco Seneca, Dynamax, Renegade, etc) and the Sprinter-based diesels are all smaller.  Thor has the essentially twin Chateau and Four Winds models based on the Ford diesel, but those seem to be 35 footers as well. Maybe Nexus has something, but I can't get to their website this morning.

I don't see any diesels in the models you mentioned, other than the smaller Sprinter-based sizes.

Does it have to be a Class C?  Why?  Tiffin makes the Breeze Class A diesel in a 31 foot size - you might find that to be a nice combination of size and convenience.
https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/2017_allegro_breeze_brochure.pdf

We did a serious walk through of both the Renegade and Dynamax 36' models. They had a nice floor plan but in my opinion, they had a very plain interior. Other than that the coaches were pleasant to drive. I opted for the 39' Dynamax DX3 37TS, and so far I am happy with the choice.

Back
Top Bottom