New to RV Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ehorne2000

Hello everyone! I bought my first travel trailer, a 22 foot Coleman, last June. I am loving camping in my TT with my wife. We have already decided we want something bigger. First we were looking ant the Dutchman Infinity, but with having to buy a bigger truck and the RV also, we switched to looking at Class A. I found the ACE 30.1 by Thor and I love it. Hopefully we will be getting one next year.

Welcome!  It didn't take you long to start the process of going bigger and better.  I have looked at the Dutchman Infinity (40') and really like their front living room model.  I think it would be perfect for us.  And you are right about needing a lot of truck to pull it (one ton diesel, probably) but the cost for truck and trailer might not be as much as a similar sized class A  Lot's of things to consider.  Enjoy the process.

The ACE 30.1 made by Thor, is about 32 feet long and I can get one with all the options for around 80K. I did like the Infinity though. Check the ACE out on line. The ACE comes from class A, class C, Evolution. It includes options you would see in a class C and put in a class A.

I just looked at the Thor 29.2 and really liked it.  Just a little pricey for me right now but really liked it.  The salesman also showed me a 2013 29.1 that had a little over 4,000 miles and they were asking 69,000. It was a consignment.  Just made me look at the depreciation so quickly.

Volfan said:
I just looked at the Thor 29.2 and really liked it.  Just a little pricey for me right now but really liked it.  The salesman also showed me a 2013 29.1 that had a little over 4,000 miles and they were asking 69,000. It was a consignment.  Just made me look at the depreciation so quickly.

I got a quote from a dealer near the factory on an ACE 29.2 without paint but with all other options for 65K.  This is a 2013 new unit.  Did not matter if it was on the lot or had to be built.  I plan on picking one up in May 2013 ( a 30.1 model ).  By that time it will be a 2014 unit. 

Brent

Back
Top Bottom