new to RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scotmo

hi I'm Scot, my wife Joy and I just got an nice 1990 Fleetwood Flair. So far we have just done weekend camping. we are planning a trip to the Florida coast in October. I would like to know how to find the right parts for maintenance  such as brakes especially the rear which has dual wheels. this is the ford chassis the econoline E350 1 ton van

Welcome to the Forum.  Treat the parts like it is a 1990 Econoline E350, don't worry that they put an RV on it  8). (it could possibly be a 1989 though)

Adding to what spencerPJ said, you still need to verify things like brake & suspension parts, fan belts, alternators, etc. because E350 vans come in several configurations, with single vs dual wheel rear axles being a prominent one but not the  only example. 

However, I'm wondering if your Flair is really on the E350 van cutaway chassis. All the Flairs I'm familiar with used the F53 stripped motorhome chassis rather than a van and its parts are different than a van.  The F53 is much closer to the F550 medium truck chassis.  If the VIN has F53 in positions 5-7, it's an F53 rather than a van chassis.

+++Further research indicates that back in the day Ford did supply what they called an E350 stripped chassis, which appears to be essentially a van without the cab.  If the VIN has E33, E29, E30 or E39 in digits 5-7, you probably have that chassis rather than the F53.

its an e33. I also used the vin number tool at autozone. thanks for the confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom