New to RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labdad

Hi everyone, I was real happy to find an active forum on RVs. Although we have not made the purchase, we are reasonably close to making our choice.

It finally hit us that with 7 dogs and all the kids off at college, we could never again go on vacation again without an RV. So now we find ourselves shopping for the vehicle that would best fit our lifestyle. I imagine that there are other dog lovers like us and I hope that we will discover the good and bad of traveling with our pack from some of the other users of this message board.

Howard Bayerle

Hi Howard and welcome to our forum. I'm sure we have lots of others here who travel with several dogs.

Hi Howard,

Welcome to the forum. Seven dogs!!!! All Labs?? I would imagine you will need to do some modification to accommodate that many. Also many campgrounds have a limit as to size and numbers of dogs. Hope you don't run into any problems.

I know of one motorhome where the owners removed the bedroom furniture to accommodate their dogs. :) They showed them and use the RV to transport them to shows.

Howard,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are glad you found us.  Please join in the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any questions you might have relating to the RVing lifestyle.

Like Jim mentioned some folks that travel with several dog modify their RV to best accomodate there dogs comfortably.

Everyone in this forum seems very friendly and I greatly value your experience and experiences in RVs.

So, some campgrounds have size and number limits? Where can I find that kind of information? Since we are purchasing this vehicle for the express intent of taking our fur family with us, this would be valuable information to consider.

thanks
labdad (Howard Bayerle)
Cartersville, GA

Hi Labdad,

The Trailer Life campground directory does list some campgrounds as having pet restrictions. As far as numbers and size you would probably have to call ahead and ask. I can't say I've ever seen a specific listing like that. Our Passport America guide also lists campgrounds as having restrictions. Even though some campgrounds don't list it they may still have some restrictions as well.

labdad said:
Everyone in this forum seems very friendly and I greatly value your experience and experiences in RVs.

So, some campgrounds have size and number limits? Where can I find that kind of information? Since we are purchasing this vehicle for the express intent of taking our fur family with us, this would be valuable information to consider.

JIm's info about the TL Directory is good info.    However, with 7 Llabs, you might want to get more specialized.  Folks who show dogs might have a better leg on which CGs are going to admit dogs by the pack.  Darned if I know where to start with that tho.  Check with a Lab breeder for a starter.

I suspect you are going to have to work out how you transport 7 critters the size of Labs.  The breeder who I got my Lab from used a specialized dog transporter -- like dog catchers use.    Her critters actually loaded themselves by jumping in the compartments on command.

You are also going to need some sort of penning arrangement for them while camped.  I have seen them used and for sale in pet supply stores.

Hi Howard. I'm new to the RV forum too. I haven't purchased a travel trailer yet, but hopefully soon. I have 4 dogs and found that this will probably be the best way to travel. Welcome and good luck!
Becky

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjbodjb
Back
Top Bottom