New to RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sambunnyrbt

Hi! Just found this site on the Web and looking forward to learning from you all. I'm looking to buy a Spirit RV/Predator toy hauler for fulltime RVing. Does anyone have any opinions of this particular manufacturer? I'd really appreciate any help. Also, I have a choice between a Guardian/Generac generator and any Onan (Gold, Platinum). Any thoughts, history on these choices? I'm supposed to sign the deal today or tomorrow. Thanks. Looks like a lot of fun to be had on these forums!

Welcome to the RV Forum.  You have come to the right place to get answers to your RVing questions.  While I am not familiar with the manufacture you mentioned I'm sure others will be and will provide you with the information you are looking for.  As for the Genset  I think I would opt for the Onan.  We have not had anything but Onan on any of our RV/s.  Looking forward to your participation here.  Glad you found us.

I'm with Ron on the Onan, although both companies have a good reputation. Onan shows up in more RVs and boats though.

I've got a Generac and it works fine, except that it came from the RV manufacturer with loose oil pan bolts. Leaves an oil film on the shroud because I can't get at a couple of the bolts to tighten them and its a big deal to get it out of the motorhome to fix that.  Onan is sort of the  standard in RV generators, so I would probably go with that if there is a choice.

Back
Top Bottom