New to the forum...hi from the Great Northwest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Geoff Harvey

Thanks all for having me.  I look forward to getting some good tips and addressing any problems I might have down the road.  Take care, Geoff in Washington state.

Welcome Geoff, how about a little more info, such as what camping unit you have, etc.

Yeah, ditto that request for information. As our rainy season is beginning, we are looking to get the heck out of here for the first time, though that might not be until late November at the earliest. Not a ton of us NW'ers hanging out here, but boy do we have some great rv'ing spots in WA and Oregon.

Good to hear from you Bill, Debbie and Becks.  Well, I have a 2013 Winnebago 29' rear living trailer.  I picked it up used and it seems to be a gem.  I've had it out about 5-6 times trying out most everything..which seems to work.  I live in southeastern Washington which gives me great access to camping along the Columbia and Snake Rivers.  We've enjoyed a few spots that we used to visit back when we had a motorhome....before and after kids.  Now, they're on their own and we're enjoying the freedom.

We traveled to the Oregon coast a month or so back and really had a great time.  I pull the Winnie with a F-150, which does quite well.

I've also just recently dry camped in Pullman Washington while going to a WSU Cougar game.  I got a couple of Honda generators in anticipation of having no power and it worked great. 

We're newly retired and look forward to more camping along the river.  I got a Discover America pass for seniors and found I can camp mid-week days along the Snake River  for $5.50 a night!  So much for being a senior...with time to camp weekdays when it's quiet...and enjoy the out-of-doors. 

Any good ideas for my wife and I to explore near you?  I'd love to hear more :D

All the best...and happy camping!

Geoff

We have really enjoyed Nehalem Bay State Park in Manzanita, OR....been there 3 years running now in August and love it. Also Ocean City State Park in Ocean Shores. Just spent time at both Millersylvania State Park and Dosewallips State Park this year for the first time. Oyster shucking and clamming at Dosewallips was great.

Need to look at that Discover America pass. Seems like a great deal.

Greetings Geoff and Bill and Debbie,

Beside the Oregon coast and the camp sites mentioned, Don't forget the FMCA Rally, in Redmond Oregon during August of each year.

I spend a bit of time in Oregon as my sister lives there and hope to meet some of the people who enjoy the great north west. Perhaps we can have a mini rally sometime.

Hi Geoff... Go Cougs! We live in Seattle but have been taking the RV to most of the WSU home games for a few years now (husband is the Coug, I'm the supportive wife. :))
Regarding recommendations, for Washington campgrounds we really enjoyed our visit last year to Fort Worden State Park in Port Townsend. Beautiful location, interesting history and a great place to explore.

Cheers,
Alisa

Hi!  I'm a Duck myself but my lovely grand niece is a sophomore at Wazoo, so I've been known to root for the Cougs on occasion.  ;D  Welcome to the forum!

Back
Top Bottom