New Weight distribution hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

outofhere2

High folks need advise on a new weight distribution  system have been using a hand  Me down spring bar bar kind for the last 6years but now I have about 400 buck burning a camper hole in my pockets have been thinking about the center line or a equalizer  I would like to get one with built in away control it would go on a 29bhs jayco with about 7500 GVW.    THANKS

I've always been a fan of Equal-I-Zer or its lower-priced cousin, the Fastway E2.  Husky has a Centerline model out now as well, but I haven't seen much feedback about it. Curt TruTrack is another possible.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00W919FL8

https://www.fastwaytrailer.com/e2-hitch

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-17500-TruTrack-Trunnion-Distribution/dp/B00O46ZO02/

I've been using the Husky Centerline TS with 1200 lb bars for about three years. Pretty slick hitch.
Made a living pulling heavy 5th wheel and GN trailers but never had any experience with a bumper pull WD set up.
  The Husky Centerline trunnion type/friction bars was recommended by a mod on another rv forum.

The trailer is a 10k car hauler with the floor about 19" off the pavement and around 8600-9400 lbs on the axles depending on which implements I'm running. The trunnion type gave a bit more ground clearance when I'm on a construction worksite or out in a pasture.
I use the Husky hitch with the wifes 2016 1500 chevy 4wd when its muddy. Before the rig had more tail wag with quick steering input. Now its like my GN/5th wheel trailers making those types of maneuvers.

Thanks for the replies I look into the centerline and the  fastway hitches they both looked good. The centerline by husky was about 100 dollars  cheaper  on amazon but I am worried  about the reports of cracking.  But both are  in my price range . I am going to do a little more research and try to  make a decision soon  will  get back when I decided  once again thanks.

P.s  both of them had negative comments about being very  noisy  with a lot of clanking  but I guess that it is the nature of that style  of hitch that uses metal on metal friction for sway control

I've been using a Equalizer for my 21' bumper pull about 2 years now.  made a huge difference even w/ stock P metric tires. Tires are ready for a swap, looking into LT's even for better handling.
It was easy to set up, just as easy to hook up each trip, some noise, but not objectionable.

If it's any consolation, my old style sway control, friction pad, oh my, given certain circumstances, it sounds like a large blue whale mating call.  My wife sometimes slides down in the seat  ;D ;D

longhaul said:
  I've been using the Husky Centerline TS with 1200 lb bars for about three years. Pretty slick hitch.
Made a living pulling heavy 5th wheel and GN trailers but never had any experience with a bumper pull WD set up.
  The Husky Centerline trunnion type/friction bars was recommended by a mod on another rv forum.

The trailer is a 10k car hauler with the floor about 19" off the pavement and around 8600-9400 lbs on the axles depending on which implements I'm running. The trunnion type gave a bit more ground clearance when I'm on a construction worksite or out in a pasture.
I use the Husky hitch with the wifes 2016 1500 chevy 4wd when its muddy. Before the rig had more tail wag with quick steering input. Now its like my GN/5th wheel trailers making those types of maneuvers.

We have the same and I like it.

Once again thanks to all but we have decided to stay with the old WDH and go With a a new progressive  EMS unit instead.the centerline unit was only seconds away from being ordered when the switch came. to cic317 purchased Bridgestone Dueler HT 10 play tire    little stiff but quiet.  Once again thanks

It's funny how we change our mind sometimes....

If you ever revisit the WDH you can add me to the list of satisfied users of the center line. I've got 2 of them and never had any problem once I got them setup correctly.

Back
Top Bottom