NewB from Indianapolis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GMC MaXx

Hi all! 

My wife and I have been wanting to get a TT for a few years now.  We are a family of four and have 2 labs also.  I feel like we are getting close to making a purchase.  We bought a brand new 2007 GMC Vortec Max with the heavy duty towing package to get us started.  It has a 10,500 lb trailer rating and a 2,000 lb payload rating.  I've weighed my truck at the scales and ran the numbers, so I have a good idea of what I can safely tow.  The trailers we really like tend to be the 30ft lightweight trailers with a slide to provide extra room for dogs and kids.  We are leaning toward the Rockwood Signature Series by Forest River.  This 30ft TT puts me at the limit of what I feel I can safely tow.  I'd like to go a little lighter and shorter  if we find something we like. 

If anyone has any suggestions of other brands/models to look at I'd love to hear them.

Yeah, I would not want to load up the GMC 6.0L with a full 10,000 lbs either. It's a good engine and tranny, but there are limits.

Remember that the weight of passengers and gear in the truck has to be subtracted from the tow capacity. Don't buy a big trailer and then have to leave the wife, kids and dogs home to tow it.

GMC MaXx said:
Hi all! 

My wife and I have been wanting to get a TT for a few years now. 

Hello to you in the circle city.  Where are you planning on going camping?  Lots of nice campground around your area.  We live about an hour and a half due west. 

Good Luck on picking out your trailer.  Have you looked into a Jayco? 

Maybe if ya'all camp near Waynetown, Indiana, we may see you. 

Safe Travels,

Welcome from a former Hosier to another! As you've seen, people do respond here. There are diesel and gas mh fans here and those that prefer pull-alongs and someone likes every model ever produced. So, when you have a question, ask away.;D

We also have a live chat every Wed nt at 7pm Mountain named the Virtual Campfire [see the top right of this page.] Come join us!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdhaef
Back
Top Bottom