Newbie from Michigan - Just bought our first TT.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unt0uchable

Hello all! So glad to be part of an RV forum. I've been on many other forums and most are a wealth of knowledge.

My name is David and we've just purchased our first travel trailer. It's a 2016 Hideout 272LHS. It's early here in Michigan to take it out but we have trips planned and will be doing a lot of local weekend stays within an hour or so of our home.

I'm excited to learn a lot from the forums and hope that I can contribute in anyway that I can.

Since I know frequent forum goers enjoy photos, here are a couple of quick ones.

Attachments

• IMG_20160226_174610.jpg
    IMG_20160226_174610.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20160226_161245.jpg
    IMG_20160226_161245.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 30
Congratulations on the new Hideout! What's all that white stuff in the background? ;D

Haha, good question!! We got about 6 inches 2 days before we picked it up from the dealer. Funny thing is it all melted shortly after I took it to my mom's place for storage. Now everything is a muddy mess so we'll have to wait for things to dry out and firm up before taking it out.

We're new to RVing in a Motor Home....and also from Michigan!!!

I have been reading everything I can in this forum, for the past week. SO MUCH knowledge and excellent advice, so glad I stumbled across this place, and these folks!!!!

Welcome from another Michigander! The best advise I have gotten so far was to make your first camping trip in your driveway.... you will really get a good idea of what you need to have in it. Also fill in your profile so your TT and tow vehicle show up in your signature. It helps folks here answer questions better when they know what kind of equipment you have.  Chip

kdbgoat said:
Congratulations on the new Hideout! What's all that white stuff in the background? ;D

Welcome!!  I am also a native, but displaced wolverine.  Two brothers and lots of cousins still live in that frozen mess.

You must forgive folks like kdbgoat.  He thinks "winterize" means travel further south.

unt0uchable said:
Hello all! So glad to be part of an RV forum. I've been on many other forums and most are a wealth of knowledge.

Well this one is no different!  :)  And for a quick plug/brag, RVforum.net is the oldest RV discussion board on the internet.  (I actually just read that earlier today, in the Forum History section that Tom the owner is working on. ;))

Glad to have you aboard and thanks for the pics!  I am in central IL, and western MI is actually one of our favorite places to camp.  Lake Michigan is the closest thing to the ocean that we have here in the Midwest!  We are planning on another stay on the lake, at Covert Park & Campground in late June or early July.

This forum does indeed have some folks who have a TON of knowledge (or more).  What we are short on is flamers (Read the forum history, at one time connect time on Compuserve was 60.00/hr.  That's 1.00/minute so flaming cost money big time).

And Lake Superior is closer to an ocean than Michigan, In fact Superior is bigger than Michigan, Huron, Erie, Ontario (lake) , And all the other lakes in Michigan put together.. it is the largest body of water in the United States.  And just a few miles south of it is the #2 Waterfall (Measured in Gallons per minute) and I think your TT will fit in the Lower Falls State Park!!! (My Pup did, more than once). Though you might get shoved off in the "Big RV" section.

Michigan has a lot of waterfalls.

What part of the mitten do you live in (Go no closer than county, or general, IE: S.E. S.W. Middle of the lower mitten, Wrist of the Upper Mitten)

Lake size aside, the eastern side of Lake Michigan (i.e. western Michigan) has soft sandy beaches and real crashing waves.  And it's only about 4-5 hours away for me, and that's driving RV speeds. ;)

Back
Top Bottom