Newbie to RVs, Newbie to this Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mylo

Howdy, everyone. Just a quick note to introduce myself.

I'm 40, married, with two tweener/teenagers. I have been camping all my life, but never in an RV. I got a really good deal on an old jalopy (1990 Jamboree Searcher 21' class C), that needs some love. I'm very mechanically inclined, so it's no big deal. I've checked out all the subsystems on this coach that has been sitting for 5 years. Everything works, after a week of troubleshooting and minor repair. The biggest issue is the roof, which I have decided to replace with a new EPDM one. I've been told that this is a phenomenal task, but I have seen some photo essays and watched a few videos. I built my house, so none of it seemed out of my capabilities.

I'm really looking forward to learning more about this hobby from you all. I figured that it might be my last 5-6 years of opportunity to show my kids what it's like to "unplug" and experience all the natural wonder - while having some creature comforts for my wife. She's never been comfortable while camping.

Mylo

Mylo,

Welcome to the Forum!

I hope you will share your roof rehab - I am always interested to see how stuff works and pictures are worth a thousand words.

We were always Marriott campers before we took off full timing two years ago, and I hope your wife will enjoy the experience as much as we do now.

Good luck on all fronts!

Kim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom