Newbie traveling across the U.S./Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jferry

I have a class C Motorhome.  I have always camped before and I love my RV.  But...I always winterized every winter and brought it out for the summer.  Now I am moving to Alaska from Texas the end of the month.  My wife is begging me to get the water going.  She does not want to use any restroom other that the one she is accustomed to.  This is probally a stupid question but as you now I will be going through some very cold/harsh environments.  Is it possible to fill up the water tank without damaging the pipes or bursting due to the cold weather.

help

Jason

Not if you stay in Texas. ;)

Just kiddin...God loveya brother. I look forward to this answer too, as I have a good friend headin' Alaska-way.  Do they have internet service all the way there?

jferry said:
I have a class C Motorhome.  I have always camped before and I love my RV.  But...I always winterized every winter and brought it out for the summer.  Now I am moving to Alaska from Texas the end of the month.  My wife is begging me to get the water going.  She does not want to use any restroom other that the one she is accustomed to.  This is probally a stupid question but as you now I will be going through some very cold/harsh environments.  Is it possible to fill up the water tank without damaging the pipes or bursting due to the cold weather.

The end of March!  Even then, you are going in a period which in northern interior can be damned cold with iffy road conditions.  The record high for Fairbanks in March was 34?F set on Mar. 21, 1998.  (per the National Weather Service site).  Freezing pipes will be the least of your problems.  Road conditions can be horrendous --- especially just after the thaw.

We have some Alaskan ex-residents here, hopefully they will chime in at this point. 

[edit]Fixed missing HTML end of quote tag[/edit]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom