Newby in VA.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papabear

My gal and I have been living in our 31 footer for 2 years now. Time is coming to an end and we will need to be moving on soon. I have been diagnosed with stage 4 kidney disease. I want to see this great country of ours before I pass on. Any and all advice would be great .  Was thinking we would leave for the west this spring. Camping across the country.  As cheaply as possible.  Are there any trip advisers or tips .  Places to set up camp cheap. Any help .  Thanks in advance.

I'm sure we will spend the occasional night in a wal mart parking lot , we will be staying in primitive spots also , pay campgrounds . I am basically looking for enexpensive alternatives to pricey campgrounds.

papabear said:
My gal and I have been living in our 31 footer for 2 years now. Time is coming to an end and we will need to be moving on soon. I have been diagnosed with stage 4 kidney disease. I want to see this great country of ours before I pass on. Any and all advice would be great .  Was thinking we would leave for the west this spring. Camping across the country.  As cheaply as possible.  Are there any trip advisers or tips .  Places to set up camp cheap. Any help .  Thanks in advance.

Our library contains a section that collects the ideas of members over the years on places to see in the USA. Click HERE to see the lists.

I would suggest starting your planning by taking the lists and plotting out locations on a regional map of the West give yourselves an idea of the route that you will want to take to take. Remember the rule in the West is everything is dependent upon altitude and season. The general rule is to stay low in the winter and high in the summer. The coastal cities and the desert resorts are winter destinations in the Southwest. The mountains and plateaus and the northwestern cities are destinations for the summer.

The prices for camping range from $0 for boondocking in Anza Borrego Desert State Park, CA, to over $150 per night at a luxury beach resort in Huntington Beach, CA. It all depends upon the services provided, location with respect to attractions, and private versus public management. I recommend use of campground guides, online or printed to establish the prices for any particular area.

Enjoy your planning and your trip ? you have a lot to see.
Edit: Fixed link.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bullfrog1954
Back
Top Bottom