Newcomer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonnaLee

My husband and I recently bought a fifth wheel and used it last weekend.  We live in Western Maryland and need some information on buying a cover for it since it will be stored outside.   

We are on our second 5th wheel and have never used a cover.  It sounds like a good idea, but I've heard some folks say that a (cloth) cover is not a good idea as they can flap in the wind and rub spots in the paint etc.  I have also heard that they may trap moisture between them and the 5er and cause problems.

I have seen a number of RVs that were stored under a "hard" cover, like an aluminum carport cover.  Those are pretty popular here in California.  If I lived in cold country I would consider the hard cover option first.

Hi,

Welcome to the RV Forum and thanks for joining us.  Please look around, ask questions, check out the library, and join in on any of the on going discussions.

I very strongly recommend not using a cover.  They tend to chaff the finish.

DonnaLee said:
My husband and I recently bought a fifth wheel and used it last weekend.  We live in Western Maryland ...   

How far west?  I was born in Cumberland.  My mother's family was from Keyser, WV.

We tow it with a GM 1 ton dually.  The camper weighs over 11,000 lbs.  We were told it only weighed 7,000.  The truck pulls it ok, but it only gets 8 miles to the gallon.

Back
Top Bottom