Nice message

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuwanneeDave

A couple of months ago we sold our 23' bunkhouse trailer because our grandkids were getting too big for the bunks and less interested in traveling with old people. We sold it to a nice couple with 2 dogs and custody of a granddaughter. The lady said she wanted to go to Grand Canyon. Well today we got a nice message with a photo of them in front of a Grand Canyon NP sign, saying "we made it!"

Thanks for sharing.

Despite posts to the contrary I think a super high percentage of buys and sells works out well.

A well and honestly represented sell and an informed and adult buyer.

I've had notes like this before and have made notes like that. I bought a "barn find" classic 2-seater sports car and trailered it home. His wife said sell it and the guy was super busy running his farm and raising his kids. Had no time to restore the car and had never driven it.

When I finished the basic restoration I went to his farm and let him drive it. He took his wife and kids for rides and I thanked him for selling it to me.

My second classic car buy was more interesting. The car had been in the family for 3 generations. The dad and the son were there and the son was selling it. Grandpa had done the first restoration well before that and it was not running.

I drove my first restoration to the viewing knowing I could not afford to buy the car at the asking price. In fact they already had an offer. I told them what I could pay and to consider me "backup" offer. The next day they called and told me they were passing on the first offer because they knew I would take care of the car and restore it. I sent them pics when I was done.

Great to get that kind of message!

I told them what I could pay and to consider me "backup" offer. The next day they called and told me they were passing on the first offer because they knew I would take care of the car and restore it. I sent them pics when I was done.

My daughter and her boyfriend bought a house last summer and when they were at closing they found out that they were not the highest bidder. Their real estate agent had written a letter to the owners (who had lived there for 30+ years) saying that she had to gotten to know them very well, they were a young couple wanting to start a family, etc. The sellers passed on a higher offer and sold to them instead.

Back
Top Bottom