No 110 after salesman switches left on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. We are about to drive it 2 hours 45 minutes to the ONE AND ONLY PLACE that will take it under consignment. I wish things would/could have worked out. I can honestly say I did MONTHS and MONTHS of researching, learning, watching videos, etc. before we made the purchase. It wasn't enough. As with many things, understanding the concept is WAY different than living in the reality.
That’s too bad to give it up. I wish you were near someone and would be able to go over everything with you. Think about it.

To amplify what Rene says, the dogbone on the left is a 50A to 30A adapter, and the one on the right is a 30A to 15A (normal household plug) adapter, so plug them together, plug your shore power cord (50A) into the 4 pins and plug the 15A into your house socket. Of course this is for when you don't have the generator running.

It would seem that he has given up. It's too bad that one of us aren't close enough to give him a walk through as it seems that he just needs a little instruction. :unsure:

Do you call everything you don't understand a salesman switch?
The salesman switches are the disconnect switches near the entryway to the RV. So called because lazy salesmen often use them to turn out all the stuff they turned on when showing the RV to the last customer.
Any additional battery disconnects added by previous owners are just battery disconnects, not salesmen switches.
Not hard to understand at all.

That’s too bad to give it up. I wish you were near someone and would be able to go over everything with you. Think about it.
What the OP needs is a good full day "class" on the use and operation of his RV from anyone knowledgeable in various systems and RV's. Its not hard, just different, however this is coming from a mechanic.

Possibly I should get into the "business"

Charles

Seems the OP is determined. I wish him well, and hope he has not given up completely on their RV enjoyment intentions. I don't live far from him, couple of hours, not the best season to be standing outside and explaining the basics. I'm pretty sure there is much more to his aggravation than this simple electrical issue. My recommendation is if the OP plans to pursue the RV life, he starts with renting a couple and getting the feel and lay of the land. Experience always trumps watching videos.

Seems the OP is determined. I wish him well, and hope he has not given up completely on their RV enjoyment intentions. I don't live far from him, couple of hours, not the best season to be standing outside and explaining the basics. I'm pretty sure there is much more to his aggravation than this simple electrical issue. My recommendation is if the OP plans to pursue the RV life, he starts with renting a couple and getting the feel and lay of the land. Experience always trumps watching videos.
Starting at $200 a day, THAT ain't happening. We just turned over the keys to the consignment dealer. Once burned, twice learned. We're done. Back to automobile roadtrips and staying in hotels along the way.

Absolutely. The only reason we got the motorhome was because of my wife's back thinking if it starts to hurt, she could go lie down on the bed. But, she's retired now and we figured that we are unencumbered by time constraints, so we can stop and walk around anytime her back starts hurting. I drove the motorhome a total of 5 times. The last one a 3.5 hour trip to the consignment dealer. I was a tensed-up wreck by the time we got there. I can't even imagine 5-6 hours behind the wheel... even with a lunch stop. RVs are just not us. They be for some... just not for us. We are still planning all the trips we initially we planning on... only with less gas used and a much-less stressful drive. I figure the cost of gas and the price of a hotel sort of balances things out.

less gas used and a much-less stressful drive.

Cool.

Have you ever been to Noah's Ark there in Kentucky?

RVing is not for everyone, indeed.

I wish you good luck with your road trips. Not as fun as RVing (IMHO), but enjoyable nonetheless.

Cool.

Have you ever been to Noah's Ark there in Kentucky?

That's the first place we're going to hit. Since the national parks are still goofy with masks mandates & such, we're going to pass on 'em. Too bad since Mammoth Caves is a national park and it's only 2.5 hours from us.

RVing is not for everyone, indeed.

I wish you good luck with your road trips. Not as fun as RVing (IMHO), but enjoyable nonetheless.
My idea of fun and yours must vary immensely. Spending time crawling around looking for broken stuff and popped circuit breakers, dealing with morons that don't understand you can't stop on a dime or reach 90 MPH, catalytic converter thieves (and other thieves), Navy showers (I spent 21 years doing that... no mas. I like my Hollywoods!)... ad infinitum is NOT my idea of fun IMHO

That's the first place we're going to hit.
Report back after you go.

We want to go,

but they change the rules so fast about what is open and what is closed since this Covid Crap started,

You just never know what to expect.

Certain parts of tourist attractions are closed, but you pay full price even if you can't enjoy the entire place.

Ya know what I mean?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Praise Bus
Back
Top Bottom