No power to toad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monarch4me

2008 Monaco monarch ready to go on a trip, hooked up my jeep plugged in the pigtail no power to the jeep tail lights, where to start looking? When I plugged up I had the flashers on the rv, did I blow a fuse? Plus can’t find this fuse panel🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_2965.jpeg
    IMG_2965.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 8
I would start by putting a meter on the RV plug to see if there is power there. That would determine if the problem is with the Jeep or the RV.

Do you have a friend with a pickup or some other "tow" vehicle? You could hook up the lights of the jeep to another vehicle to see if the lights worked on the jeep. Again, this would tell you if the problem is with the Jeep or the RV. You could also hook up a utility trailer or dolly or something to the rv to see if it lights up.

I don't see anything on that fuse panel that would affect your vehicle lights. For what it's worth, most electrical gremlins I've had over the years on trailer lights were from bad grounds.

If you can test a couple of these things above then post back someone can help.

The tow plug connections would be through the chassis electrical system and thus a different set of fuses than the one in your photo. In a diesel pusher those fuses/breakers are often in a rear storage bay on the passenger side.

Thanks for the replies, I’ll ck when we return home, I have a multimeter but guess who didn’t turn it off, and I don’t have a 9volf battery..🤦🏻‍♂️

Gary gives good advice. Do you have a multimeter to trace power with and to check fuses? The only way to be completely certain is by testing. Any automotive parts store has test lights that may be easier to use for tracing the 12V power.
1716394421931.png
That will very easily tell you if you are getting power to the connecting plug. There should also be a diode device inside of the Jeep to isolate the two electrical systems and there may be a fuse there.

It is common to tie into your tail lights to power a trailer hitch. I had crossed wires on my trailer that blew a fuse on my tow vehicle and caused things not to work inside the vehicle. The fuse was still visually intact, yet once replaced everything worked again. Fuses are cheap and a good place to start if brake lights on your jeep aren't working.

Back
Top Bottom