no rear bumper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MSCamper18

Our 2018 Keystone Passport doesn't have a rear bumper.  We want to attach a bike rack, but would rather not use a tongue mount since it would block the tailgate of our Jeep.  Is adding a bumper to the camper feasible?

You could have a hitch shop fabricate a hitch into the frame on the rear of the camper, and get a bike rack.  Bumpers are notorious for being poor choices for bike racks even if you had one.

Is adding a bumper to the camper feasible?
Maybe not a "bumper", but it is probably feasible to add a hitch receiver to the back of the trailer frame, at least one that is strong enough to hold a bike rack.  Take it to a shop that does welding and custom fabrication and have them see what can be done.

Trailers often have very light framing at the very back, just enough to support the floor. The shop may have to build or reinforce an extension to provide what you want.

Do you have a ladder on the rear? Hou can hang bikes from it using an "L" bracket.

No rear ladder.  but having something welded to the frame is a great suggestion.  Thank you all for your responses!  I am learning more and more what to look for if we ever shop for another camper.

I have a rear ladder and I would never think about hanging a bike off from it unless it was a tiny kids bike.  My ladder is made out of aluminum and it springs up and down when I climb on it. When I?m home, I usually put a tall step ladder against it so I only use the top rung to get up on the roof. I can only imagine what would happen if I hung one or two adult bikes on it. It wouldn?t be pretty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garwaldo
Back
Top Bottom