No weep holes (drains) on my front RV window ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiercel

Unless I am missing something, I consider it a serious design flaw that there are no drain slots at the bottom of my front RV window. Of all windows on the RV, this one is slanted back at the top. This means that the inside of the bottom channel is lower than the outside of the bottom channel. If there is ANY breach in the window-to-frame seal, the water has to run into the RV. Due to the angle, one could argue that would happen even with weep holes in the track, but I think they would help. I am interested in whether the front overhang window on other class C Motorhomes have weep holes.

While I am on a little rant, how can any reputable manufacturer in their right mind built an RV with interior grade luan in the exterior wall when they know every RV will leak sooner or later. Indoor glues fall apart at the first sign of water, so you can NEVER find a leak in time. You have to be 100% at preventing a leak. It is totally unethical, but I digress.

Back to: I am interested in whether the front overhang window on other class C Motorhomes have weep holes like all the other windows?

From what I've seen, the frames typically have weep holes if its a sliding window. If it's a fixed window (doesn't open), it's typically sealed all the way around and no weep holes.
Our little TT has weep holes in the back window which is fixed. And that window did leak. My son and I took it out and put a new gasket in. Seems fine now. But the weep holes don’t work all that well. Condensation fills the channel and the weep holes can’t keep up.

Thanks so much for the input. When you are isolated and on a steep learning curve, it means a lot. Hopefully, before long, I will be able to give back a little.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom