Noisy Blower on Suburban SH-42 Furnace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WagginMaster

The Suburban SH-42 furnace on my 2004 Winnebago Adventure has a noisy blower. I have not been able to determine if there is something loose in the blower cage or if a bearing is going bad.
1. Any tricks on pulling the furnace out of the motor home? ( I know. December is not a time to be pulling the furnace)
2. Since furnace heats fine i am more inclined to repair it rather than replace it. Looking for source of parts if i need a new blower motor.

Parts are easy to come by - just google something like "Suburban SF42 furnace motor"

Here is one source: http://www.adventurerv.net/suburban-furnace-replacement-motor-sf42-sf42f-p-26476.html
Amazon.com is another good one.

This video may help, but individual installations differ in detail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5e5gZpvtb0

The only trick for pulling the heater, at least on my Suburban, was on outside of the chimney there is a screw between the air inlet and the exhaust that holds the furnace to the chimney that must be removed to get the furnace out. When I needed to remove my furnace that screw stumped me for a few minutes.
The rest of the removal was pretty straight forward.

Don't know if yours is even close to ours (1995 Thor Residency) but ours did the same thing.  It was the bearings in the motor.  Got a new motor and with the help of an online video replaced it with the furnace in place.  Taking the furnace out would have been a bitch, replacing the motor in place was not too bad, took about 1 1/2 hours and holding my mouth just right.  One of the holes to undo one of the hex screws to remove the squirrel cage fan didn't exist, so I had to make one.  Fortunately, I drilled it in the right place cause it was pretty much a blind guess.  Good instructions in the video got me started in the right direction.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wenzel
Back
Top Bottom