Norcold n611 issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bowmanmt

hi this is my first post on the forum, thank you for accepting me as a member. I have a norcold n611. I have a couple of questions one is there a fan system for that unit. the issue I'm having is freezer seems to be working fine on electric or gas but the refrigerator will not work with either. I've tried putting a new thermistor in , and it didn't help. On top of that I do not smell any ammonia or see any yellow powder residue from the ammonia. Any other advice would be appreciated. thank you

You can have internal stoppages in the system without having leaks. A cold freezer and minimal cooling in the fridge is a sign of stoppages in the system.

Norcold N series service manual Warning! you will get a splash screen from "manuals online" when you follow the link. Select CLOSE and that screen will disappear and the PDF will display, which you can download if you wish.

Charles

You can have internal stoppages in the system without having leaks. A cold freezer and minimal cooling in the fridge is a sign of stoppages in the system.

Norcold N series service manual Warning! you will get a splash screen from "manuals online" when you follow the link. Select CLOSE and that screen will disappear and the PDF will display, which you can download if you wish.

Charles
therefore do you think by pulling the refrigerator out and turning it upside down for 24 hours and then back side up 24 hours and then reigniting might help.

therefore do you think by pulling the refrigerator out and turning it upside down for 24 hours and then back side up 24 hours and then reigniting might help.
That's largely a myth, especially on a fridge newer than about 1990. It doesn't hurt to try, though, unless you injure your back doing it. Even if "burping" the fridge helps, odds are the problem will return because the gummy sodium chromate (the yellow stuff) is still in there.

The fridge cooling unit can have a pinhole leak and you will never see or smell on symptoms. And yes, internal blockages can occur if the fridge is repeatedly operated off-level and overheating

That's largely a myth, especially on a fridge newer than about 1990. It doesn't hurt to try, though, unless you injure your back doing it. Even if "burping" the fridge helps, odds are the problem will return because the gummy sodium chromate (the yellow stuff) is still in there.

The fridge cooling unit can have a pinhole leak and you will never see or smell on symptoms. And yes, internal blockages can occur if the fridge is repeatedly operated off-level and overheating
thank you for your help one last question, I hope. Are there fans in this unit and if so I should test them.

I currently have an N611 in our RV and it had no fan installed when new, and none is listed in the service manual so I agree with what Charles already posted. I do have one in my N611 but it was part of a Fridge Defend that I added to mine about 5 years ago. Adding one to yours might help but is probably not the answer to your present problem. How old is the refrigerator?

I currently have an N611 in our RV and it had no fan installed when new, and none is listed in the service manual so I agree with what Charles already posted. I do have one in my N611 but it was part of a Fridge Defend that I added to mine about 5 years ago. Adding one to yours might help but is probably not the answer to your present problem. How old is the refrigerator?
it is 14 years old.. we use it 3 weeks out of the year. someone mentioned that when I replace the thermister that I should have done a sequence of turning certain things off in the back of the refrigerator and then using a jumper wire. there's a YouTube video on how to do it. I might try that as a last resort

someone mentioned that when I replace the thermister that I should have done a sequence of turning certain things off in the back of the refrigerator and then using a jumper wire.
While it wouldn't be related to the thermistor in any way, and I doubt that it will help now, there is really no reason not to give it a try. Here is a copy of the instructions from Norcold that you can try.

okay I'm a little bit confused by the directions, I'm trying to reset the panel using the jumper wire. but I do not see the proper vacant wire hole to put the lead in and then ground. they're talking about a 16 wire harness I only have a 10. and clothes are a couple of pictures hope you guys could help

Attachments

• 20220719_094910.jpg
    20220719_094910.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220719_094902.jpg
    20220719_094902.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 1
it is 14 years old.. we use it 3 weeks out of the year. someone mentioned that when I replace the thermister that I should have done a sequence of turning certain things off in the back of the refrigerator and then using a jumper wire. there's a YouTube video on how to do it. I might try that as a last resort
Your problem is NOT related to the thermister or electronics; the freezer wouldn't be cold if either of those things were at fault. An RV absorption fridge uses a two-stage cooling process, with the freezer getting the primary effect and the second stage chilling the fresh food area. When the cooling unit begins to fail, the first thing lost is the second stage chiller. Tinkering with thermister, boards, wiring, etc will be fruitless.

Your problem is NOT related to the thermister or electronics; the freezer wouldn't be cold if either of those things were at fault. An RV absorption fridge uses a two-stage cooling process, with the freezer getting the primary effect and the second stage chilling the fresh food area. When the cooling unit begins to fail, the first thing lost is the second stage chiller. Tinkering with thermister, boards, wiring, etc will be fruitless.
gary Did you get a chance to look at the two photos I posted. thanks

I'm not sure what the two pictures are of? I do agree with Gary that since yu don't have the NoCo fault code that this isn't going to do anything for you. Did you match your serial number to the proper reset method?

Back
Top Bottom