Norton Systemworks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueblood

Been using Norton Systemworks Professional sans all the interent stuff for years. Need to either upgrade/renew or go with something else to do cleanup. Any recommendations i.e stick with the Norton Systemworks Basic or ---------

blueblood said:
Been using Norton Systemworks Professional sans all the interent stuff for years. Need to either upgrade/renew or go with something else to do cleanup. Any recommendations i.e stick with the Norton Systemworks Basic or ---------

Leo

I just picked up a copy of System Mechanic 6, which was highly rated in PC World magazine. I also picked up a 3 user Norton Anti-Virus, all at Fry's and all free after rebates. If you have prior versions of Norton , that will qualify for the upgrades.

IMHO the best thing is to get rid of Norton altogether.  I used Nortan for years but finally gave in to what I was being told and recommendations given by a very knowledgeable formum member and got rid of Norton. My My I had no idea how much improvement I would experience just by dumping Norton.  Try AVG free anti virus and Zone Alarm free or better yer Peer Guardian II.  Just my opinion based on my experience.

Bernie,

Be careful with System Mechanic 6. It hangs up if your running FireFox and you use it to remove internet cache files, also removes valid cookies, and does other strange things. Installed it a few months ago, ran it a few times, and got tired of fixing things IT fixed. Had to run Acronis system restore to fix some problems. Now uninstalled. Personally wouldn't have any sftw with the name Norton/Semantic/McAfee. Zone Alarm and PC-cillin Internet Security for me.

Karl said:
Bernie,

Be careful with System Mechanic 6. It hangs up if your running FireFox and you use it to remove internet cache files, also removes valid cookies, and does other strange things. Installed it a few months ago, ran it a few times, and got tired of fixing things IT fixed. Had to run Acronis system restore to fix some problems. Now uninstalled. Personally wouldn't have any sftw with the name Norton/Semantic/McAfee. Zone Alarm and PC-cillin Internet Security for me.

I read over 50 reviews by users and found that the great majority had very serious problems using System Mechanic 6 even if they had used earlier versions successfully.

The answers seem to have gotten off on security which is not what I'm interested in. I use ZA, AVG ,etc for that aspect. I'm looking for a package that does the the find and fix type stuff like Norton Windoctor, etc.

Re System Mechanic 6. I've got it up and running and so far, nothing of a serious problem. I'll keep an eye on it along with lots of restore points and backups ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom