NSA Tow Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

retiredtireman

My wife and I just recently retired after 42 years in the commercial truck/passenger tire and auto repair business. We just took a 27 day 3500 mile trip (Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming in our 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40ad, 400hp. We flat towed her 2005 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 4x4, with our new NSA 12,000 lb tow bar kit. Installing it was quite simple, about 4 hours, the hardest part was running the 50 foot electrical dash board brake light indicator wire. My wife being much smaller than me skimmied under coach and did it for me, including zip tying it to the frame (she's a keeper). Easy to hook/unhook tow bar (we have it down to 3 minutes now). Works as a surge brake system, all mechanical, so no putting in or taking out electric brake controller box. This system worked flawlessly on our trip this is definitely a five star product. Yellowstone is a must do bucket list trip!

The NSA towbar/brake unit is a good one; just maintain it annually and it should serve you well. The mechanical linkages are subject to road dirt & corrosion, so cleaning and lubrication are needed to keep everything functioning as designed.

Congratulations. On retiring, on the successful trip, and everything. Good to have you on board the forum. This place is a wealth of knowledge, so if you have any questions, let us know. Someone will be along with an answer soon. And please, keep sharing great reviews like the one you started with. Adding to the knowledge base. Again, welcome, and hope to see you down the road!

The only addition to the NSA that I added was a grandson, or two, to do the work. I stupidvise and they do the work. All three are a good investment.

Last trip with the 9 year granddaughter she did the work with some guidance. She is another good investment.

Back
Top Bottom