Ocean Lakes, SC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We attended an irv2.com national rally there several years ago. The place was like a zoo. You couldn't walk anywhere without kids in golf carts nearly hitting you.
I'll never return.

I think one of the finer things they did to set themselves apart was to evenly distribute the gray sand (tan sand with lots and lots of barbecue ash in it) completely evenly through the campground. Great spot during spring and fall. Summer I would go to Huntington Beach State Park. Lots smaller and way more civilized during the summer.

Not in Myrtle Beach proper!! I would go up towards N Myrtle Beach on Restaurant Row. Up there the Chesapeake House is good. Calabash across the SC/NC state line has good seafood. Also South of Myrtle is Murrells Inlet. Down there Drunken Jack’s is good. Nance’s is good also. These are not all you can eat restaurants but you will end up with all you want. I do not not care for all you can eat seafood buffets at all. Myrtle is known as Dirty Myrtle in SC.

I do not not care for all you can eat seafood buffets at all. Myrtle is known as Dirty Myrtle in SC.
We don't care for all you can eat buffets either.

Does Dirty Myrtle mean the restaurants are not clean?

Have you ever camped at:

The restauarants are clean and inspected by SC DHEC. Dirty Myrtle gets it name from Sourh Carolinians for a variety of reasons. One reason is that it has a reputation of being sleazy and crime ridden at night. Another is the feel that you get about it being run down and unclean. South or North Myrtle are nicer in my opinion. Some people love Myrtle, but I am not one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjbodjb
Back
Top Bottom