Official Announcement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chet, it was almost like you said.  On the long drive back from our son's memorial service, we started thinking about what our next step should be.  Dan was our anchor on the west coast our one family tie, and we could depend on him to help us if we needed it.  His sisters are also hurting and have asked that we come home, so we can all spend the next few years together as a family again.  And we could see the wisdom of that.  We've missed seeing them all.  I lost count, but somewhere around 25-35 are now counted as family, and some of them we've never seen. 

So as soon as we got back, we started the ball rolling.  Lined up a realtor, who told us about an estate sales lady, who will be selling most of our furniture and "stuff" we didn't want to take back.  And then we lined up the movers and car carrier and set times and dates.  And as each milestone passed we were able to chalk it off the calendar, and so now we just have to get on the plane tomorrow and begin or renew another chapter.

The fact that we are no longer able to do so many things, and Fred not able to maintain the RV as he was able to just a few years ago, made us decide to give it up.  We thought about driving it back, but then it would be a battle to maintain and shelter it in the long winters there.  And there are not many places to do that up there.  We were able to sell it in one day. 

But it's just about how we have lived our total lives.  Make a decision and start making it happen.  It's how we bought our first RV, how we decided to go full time and sell the farm, then decide to live on the road for almost ten years, then buy another house here and now this.  We just don't take much time to mull things over in our heads.  Just bull doze through and make it happen.  And for us, this has worked.  Kept us married for over 58 years now, so guess we've been doing something right.

Our only "regret" is that we aren't having a last go 'round to see all our friends again, but hopefully we'll catch up with some when they travel east.  And besides, I'm not good at farewells and I'm still pretty raw about Dan's death, so I tear up at anything and everything.  For us, this is the best way.  We'll see you and Laurie and several others who expressed their plans to be passing through Maine in their travels, and we will look forward to that.

Hugs to all and may all the hills flatten out as you climb them, and that you always have a tail wind.  Happy travels and keep writing about them, so we can live vicarously among all your adventures.  .

Daisy

PS.  How did you ever remember that incident with our last move out of the farmhouse and Fred still in his chair as they carried it out of the house.  Or so I said.....

I love decisive people!  Cannot abide those who over-analyze everything and rarely do anything with their analysis and are stuck in the mud waiting for "perfect".  No wonder we've loved you all these years.  ;D :-* ;D

I believe daily Life gives us the direction we need to go , if we heed the clues.  Kudos  to Fred and Daisy for seeing the clues and getting ahead of the curve!  We will catch you!  I'm sad but happy at the same time.  So many  memories and so many laughs! Just no words!

BB

Back
Top Bottom