Only in California . . . .Gas station Ban?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If software updates can be called "recalls", I wonder about the windows updates (feature and security) actually being recalls.
No. A recall has to be safety related.

For an example, Tesla OTA map updates are not recalls. To make the Tesla symbols larger is considered safety related. There is a federal safety spec on minimum size that Tesla had to correct as theirs were smaller.

But there can be issues with vehicles that are called "TSB"s. That stands for "Technical Service Bulletin", some issue such as a small rattle or engine noise that should be fixed that has nothing to do with safety.

So perhaps "TSB" would work for a Windows bug.

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
Look, if the Feds mandate it, or about to, and any Mfg. recalls in advance (showing care and concern before being made to recall), IT'S a RECALL, regardless of what for.
Why would the feds care about anything that is not safety related?

Such as a satellite radio that drains the battery down when parked too long with the ignition off?

I mention that one because it was a TSB, not a recall, on my 2013 Triumph Trophy SE motorcycle. The FW for it would intermittently crash in such a way that would drain the battery when turned off.

-Don- Reno, NV

Why would the feds care about anything that is not safety related?

Such as a satellite radio that drains the battery down when parked too long with the ignition off?

I mention that one because it was a TSB, not a recall, on my 2013 Triumph Trophy SE motorcycle. The FW for it would intermittently crash in such a way that would drain the battery when turned off.

-Don- Reno, NV
That could be considered safety related if it leaves you stranded in the middle of the desert 100 miles from the nearest tow truck.

That could be considered safety related if it leaves you stranded in the middle of the desert 100 miles from the nearest tow truck.
Naw, it took around 12-20 hours to discharge a well charged up motorcycle battery. I had the problem, and I didn't even notice it until I looked for it. That was because I would always keep the bike on a battery maintainer overnight when I was home.

BTW, it was fixed by a FW update, but the bike had to go to the shop to get it. Doesn't do the OTA stull like the Tesla does.

-Don- USA Parkway, Sparks, NV (motorcycle ride charge stop)

That was because I would always keep the bike on a battery maintainer overnight when I was home.
During the winter (3-4 mos) when it was too cold to ride I used to put a battery tender on my bike battery just to keep in charged. Never had a problem. Only did it during the winter months because it involved taking the seat off and I rode enough at other times to keep the battery charged. Sold the bike about 2-3 years ago.

During the winter (3-4 mos) when it was too cold to ride I used to put a battery tender on my bike battery just to keep in charged. Never had a problem. Only did it during the winter months because it involved taking the seat off and I rode enough at other times to keep the battery charged. Sold the bike about 2-3 years ago.
My bikes either always had a stock outlet direct to the battery (such as my 2013 Triumph Trophy SE) or I wire in one myself. IOW, on all six of my ICE bikes, just plug in battery maintainer. I can also use it for heated clothes.

-Don- Reno, NV

My bikes either always had a stock outlet direct to the battery (such as my 2013 Triumph Trophy SE) or I wire in one myself. IOW, on all six of my ICE bikes, just plug in battery maintainer. I can also use it for heated clothes.

-Don- Reno, NV
Yeah, I never put an easy access socket on mine. Just never got a round tuit.

That might be a stretch. NHTSB has safety standards that must be met. I am presuming these are design requirements. There are also things that may not be a design requirement that the NHTSB deems safety related.

It appears that a TSB is primarily voluntary by the manufacturer and may not affect all vehicles.

1709210452452.png

Back
Top Bottom