Oregon Coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daniel

I am plannng to take my TT to the  Oregon coast for a week starting 8/12. This is my first major trip with my TT. I am planning on visiting several camp sites so if anything  really exciting happens , I will post it .
If anyone knows of anything that I should not miss , please let me know.

Thanks
Daniel

Tillemook ice cream and cheeses, seals on the rocks, Oregon Dunes, scenic bridges, several nice state parks on the beaches...

You might want to check out http://www.oregoncoast101.com/ for some touring tips.  And I'm sure others here can supply more detailed suggestions.

Although the Tillamook cheese factory is too commercialized for my tastes, it's worth a stop as they make the best cheddar west of Wisconsin.  The Naval Air Station Tillamook there is also worth a stop if you're at all interested in aviation.

Oh you will love the Oregon Coast.  Oregon has lots of State Campgrounds on the coast and one of my favorites was always Beverly Beach just North of Newport on Hwy 101.  I just googled and came up with a plethora of info: http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_227.php  I see the Sea and Sand (private)  still listed in Woodall's.  It has been so many years since I stayed there so I don't know conditions now but we always enjoyed it as it was terraced down to the beach and you had views.  I lived in Brookings, OR and it is beautiful there with lots of great beaches.  October is normally one of the nicest months to be on the coast.  Have a great trip and I'll be anxious to hear about your experiences.  :)

Hahahaha, you've heard of a day late and a dollar short.  I didn't look carefully at the date of your planned trip.  I hope you found great places and one thing hasn't changed, I want to hear how it went.  Can I blame it on old age?    ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom