Owner of New To Us 2008 Jamboree 26J

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teach512

Hello,

As a rock climber, photographer and educator I love to travel and visit places. I spent most of that time in tents and sleeping bags. For a few years, we upgraded to a pop-up camper. I was always on the fence about an RV, but I did always find the convert vans great. (Spent a year living in a van when I was younger. Before Vanlife.)

Over Christmas break, my family and I rented a 24ft Class C to see if it met our needs. We hit the road from Southern California to the North West tip of Washington. (Minus 6 miles because of Covid. To make a long story short, we decided that a class met our family's needs. Wife, 1-year-old son, 5-year old daughter and two small dogs.

We've been shopping around ever since. Yesterday, we drove a 2008 Jamboree 26 J with 48,000 miles off the lot. We'll use it today to outfit and familiarize ourselves with it.

Drove from San Diego to Los Angeles. A very nice ride. I did try to turn the generator on when I go home, but it wouldn't crank even though it turned on with no issues on the lot. (Aux Battery appears dead according to indicator.) I also heard it could be because I am below a 1/4 tank.

Trip to Cosco or Sams for a full tank of gas and a new mattress and we'll go from there. Next week, three days of dry camping to see how it does.

Emmanuel

Hi Teach. Welcome to the forum. Check the aux battery switch near the door. It should be on. That switch disconnects the house batteries. The generator runs from the house batteries.

ChasA,
Thanks. I played with the switch. Didn't work. I am going to have someone look into it later this week. I think it may actually be the contact switch itself.

Thanks again. Looks like I had to change out the switch. (I think that's the name.) The battery was getting charged by the alternator. All good now.

Back
Top Bottom