PALO DURO CANYON RALLY, MAY 10-17, 2015 - CANYON TEXAS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Larry.

If you could dry out the mud before we get there I would appreciate that. ;D

Mike.

Thanks Larry.  If necessary we'll spend a night at the PD RV Park.  Hopefully when the weekenders head home, a few spots will open up. 

BIG STORM passing through PDC now.  A few weak sisters have bailed out. 
Henry and I are entrenched.  My Jeep is under our picnic cover next to the
coach and the HD is in the cover next door.  We pulled in the slides and are
watching radar closely.  It should pass by within an hour, then hopefully back
to blue skies. . . . 

Will update you all later.  Stay safe where you are.

Attachments

• Storm.jpg
    Storm.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 17
As you know, storms have been rolling through the DFW Metroplex the last few days.  Sunday is predicted to be the worst.  Shirley and I will leave Dallas about 7 am in hopes of being up the road a bit and possibly avoiding some of it.  Hope to arrive mid-afternoon.  We can live with the rain, but hope there are no tornados along the way.

See you all soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1195-2 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1195-2 (Medium).jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 23
Larry:  You might have heavy rain and hail, but you should not have a tornado in the canyon.  Hope I miss most of the weather coming from Dallas on Sunday.

Hello All,

We just got word that Coleen's son's father-in-law died this morning, suddenly.  The grand-daughter's other grand-father...  Anyway, we won't make it to P'Duro on Sunday or Monday and depending on the arrangements in ABQ, maybe not at all???  We will need to return to Taos tomorrow, then ABQ, probably Monday?; then back to Taos to get the RV... then P'Duro???  Then there's the weather situation to deal with too.  Tornado warnings in Texas; huge thunder-boomers here today; blizzard in Colorado; Hard Freeze warning in Taos; GEEZ!

We cancelled the reservations for Sunday and Monday nights with the Texas State Park Central Reservations Office.

Will post more news later...

thx, G.

We've arrived at the Amarillo Ranch RV Park on the east side of Amarillo between Whitaker and Eastern off I-40.  You'll be happy to hear the storm passed and the sun is shining.  We had rain coming from Tucumcari this morning but it was mostly very dark skies.

Larry, one of the "weak sisters" must have been a couple who checked in here when we did.  They were down in the canyon last night and bailed out.

See you Sunday morning,
ArdraF

taoshum said:
Hello All,

We just got word that Coleen's son's father-in-law died this morning, suddenly.  The grand-daughter's other grand-father...  Anyway, we won't make it to P'Duro on Sunday or Monday and depending on the arrangements in ABQ, maybe not at all???  We will need to return to Taos tomorrow, then ABQ, probably Monday?; then back to Taos to get the RV... then P'Duro???  Then there's the weather situation to deal with too.  Tornado warnings in Texas; huge thunder-boomers here today; blizzard in Colorado; Hard Freeze warning in Taos; GEEZ!

We cancelled the reservations for Sunday and Monday nights with the Texas State Park Central Reservations Office.

Will post more news later...

thx, G.

RV Life ain't for sissies.  Sympathy's to your family.  Look forward to you getting here when ever you can.

Travel safe. 

THE Big Larry

That's too bad, Gary, but family is more important at times like this.  Our sympathy to Colleen's family.  Hope you get to make it to the rally eventually.

ArdraF

Many of our band of travelers have already arrived.  Others are schedule to arrive tomorrow and will
overnight in Amarillo to be ready for a Sunday arrival in PDC.  Let's have dinner tomorrow evening in
Amarillo at "CAFE MARIZON".  Location is 6151 Hillside.  They serve beer and have a great menu of good
home cooked food.  They bake their own bread daily.

I have contacted them and we have a reservation for 5PM.  We can enjoy some Happy Hour then eat at
our leisure.  Reply to this message if you can make it.  We have a reservation for 20 ish. . . . .

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

THE Big Larry

We're looking to depart within the next hour, or so, but I just came across a spot of refrigerator trouble, so there may be an unexpected delay. After running fine for the last couple of days while we loaded up, it now says 29? in the freezer and 44 in the fridge part. Appliance repair on a Saturday? Well, guess I'll find out.

Larry:  You don't have my slideshow on the schedule, but it looks like we could do Monday night or Friday night.  What do you think?

Ned said:
Hope it's not the cooling unit.

Me too. The repair shop said they'd be here between 9 & 11.

On another note, it's still raining here -- we've had rain all week, some days with no break (very unusual for Colorado), and they're calling for snow in the metro area tomorrow. My rain gauge shows that we've had 3.6" so far this month (very high, for here).

The snow you expect is on it's way Larry, we had snow all night and is now melting in 34* heat, plenty of mud from several days of rain that we badly need.>>>Dan ???

Sure hope the Sierra range and western slopes of the Rockies get some of that rain!

We had quite a storm here in Amarillo.  At 6:00 a.m. the rain pelted down.  There may have been some small hail but not enough to see on the ground.  Luckily the storm was moving northeast at 35 mph.  At 11:15 it's sunny bright.

ArdraF

Well, the fridge is fixed (locked up compressor), so we should (with luck) be rolling within the next hour, or so.

Thanks for the report, Dan -- the mountains west of us are (last I heard) expecting 1-2 feet of snow, in many places. 

Hopefully, Ardra, the storms will mostly pass by.  :eek:

ATTENTION PALO DURO PARTY GOERS; 

I am cancelling the reservation for dinner tonight.  Many of the late arrivals are road weary and wish
to just rest and prepare for tomorrow evening.  SO DINNER IS ON YOUR OWN TONIGHT. 

If you decide to go out, I DO Recommend Caf? Marizon. .  .

See you all tomorrow.

We went to South of the Border. Grest Tex/Mex! And the margaritas aren't bad either, especially with an extra shot of Midor!

We are hereafter to be referred to as the "White Wimps" snce we decided to stay right here at Fort Armarillo;  heated indoor pool, etc., etc. For $25 per night. No mud!

See ya at happy hour tomorrow,

Ernie

We're at Amarillo Ranch RV Park. Their Wi-Fi is down till Tuesday. Still windy at 7:28 p.m. Forecast is clear for Monday/Tuesday, T storms Wed, last I checked.

We will check in tomorrow morning after we go grocery shopping. A hood problem will bring us back to Amarillo Monday morning early. What a week weather wise driving to and from Grandbury (W of Ft. Worth).

Back
Top Bottom