PALO DURO CANYON RALLY, MAY 10-17, 2015 - CANYON TEXAS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ron from Big D said:
Big Larry:  Will both of the campgrounds hold large coaches?  If we end up in two campgrounds, better make sure assignments will accommodate the larger rigs.

I plan to be in Palo Duro in a month or so and will spend some time reviewing the park layout with
staff there.  I also will make a personal contact point so we can sort everyone into a proper spot with
30/50 considerations as well as those with over 40' in length.  I will post info on this stuff once I have
been on site and looked at the area. 

I have been to Palo Duro many MANY times, but never as an RV'er.  I always drove to the end and took off for
an overnight hike.  I will let everyone know what I find out.

THE Big Larry

Wow, I must have done something wrong.  First phone call and first person to assist me took care of everything.  I don't think I was on the telephone for more than 5-minutes total.  The girl even put a note in there to request the Mesquite area and with the RVForum.net rally.

Mike.

UPDATED LIST:  26 Coaches so far, and still counting.
Texas is BIG enough to handle it, so spread the word. 8)

Akers George & Lucy            Lucyakers
Beard - John & Susan          "Oscar Mike"
Bertram - Kim & Christi        Skyking4AR2
Brewer - Terry & Betty
Brucker - Gary & Maria
Dane - Bill & Raymonda      Llib enad
Dodd - Larry & Loretta        "The Big Larry
Down - Ray & Liza
Fitzgerald - Ardra & Jerry
Ferguson - Gary & Coleen - Taoshum
Falchini - Steve & Dee        Steve N Dee
Kuch - Ken & Sheila
Lawrence - Mike & Wendy
Marabito - Ron & Shirley
Maxwell, Bob
Moser, Dave & Nancy          "Gunny69"
Nesbitt - Don & Mary Ann
Larry and MaryAnn N. 
Reiter - Ned and Lorna          Ned
Sherow - Randy & Debbie    AZRandy1
Stiskala - Jan and Lovely Olga and silly Monkey
Stock - Dean and Linda
Weimert - Frank & Barb
White - Ernie & Tara
Wishard - Henry & Margaret
Zeuch - Mike & Chrystal - ZMOTORSPORTS

Just a note to all, as info, we put our house on the market yesterday about 2pm.  Today at 4pm it is sold.
As of July 31, 2014 we should be homeless.  That means we should be seeing you in all the old familiar places
in a few months.  We will begin our search in earnest to find a good quality 40-42 ft. Diesel pusher. 

Looking forward to seeing you all on the road somewhere.

Larry & Loretta ' Team LoLa'

THE-BigLarry said:
Just a note to all, as info, we put our house on the market yesterday about 2pm.  Today at 4pm it is sold.
As of July 31, 2014 we should be homeless.  That means we should be seeing you in all the old familiar places
in a few months.  We will begin our search in earnest to find a good quality 40-42 ft. Diesel pusher. 

Looking forward to seeing you all on the road somewhere.

Larry & Loretta ' Team LoLa'

Congratulations on the quick sale, you're living my dream... I hope to one day be on the road full time. Wife not so much yet.

Oscar Mike said:
Congratulations on the quick sale, you're living my dream... I hope to one day be on the road full time. Wife not so much yet.

Baby steps John, baby steps. 8)

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
Baby steps John, baby steps. 8)

Mike.

;D I am slowly but surely working out my plan with an unsuspecting wife... A few weeks ago Susan actually mentioned buying a larger coach in the next couple of years to prepare for more time on the road.

Oscar Mike said:
;D I am slowly but surely working out my plan with an unsuspecting wife... A few weeks ago Susan actually mentioned buying a larger coach in the next couple of years to prepare for more time on the road.

That's the ticket, John.  You have to make them think it's all their idea.  ;)

Steve

Larry and Loretta,

Wow!  That's wonderful news.  You are really lucky to have sold so fast.  Of course, getting all your "stuff" packed and out of there on time will be the hard part, but I'm sure it will feel really good on August 1st.  Hope you find your dream coach just as fast.

ArdraF

Betty Brewer said:
Really? ;) ;D

It is actually Susan who is on the forefront of wanting to travel more...that's what I keep suggesting to her anyway... ::). Susan still works a 40-50 hour work week so she really is wanting to have more freedom and that translates to more, and more travel. I hope.

Ken & Sheila said:
Betty,

I think Susan is reading all this! There are no secrets, but let John have his fun.

ken

Susan read the thread and I got "the look"... :-\

For those of you that has big rigs, Margaret and I have stayed there for the last 3 years and have no trouble getting our rig in. We have stayed in Mesguite and Sagebrush. This year on our way to Red Bay in April they were building bridges across the low water crossings. A little tight there but they should be through by rally time. I believe there was 7 crossings.
  The Sagebrush area has phone service for AT&T but not sure about Verizon. However the Sagebrush area is as far back into the canyon as you can camp. I believe it was 7 miles from the entrance.

Back
Top Bottom