Parent companies of Condor and Georgie Boy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deek

I'm trying to find some information as to who manufactures the Condor and Georgie Boy brands of Class A motor homes.  Also, I'd be interested if anyone has an opinion about the quality or reputation of either of those two brands versus some other better-known brand names.

Well, Georgie Boy is made by none other than... Georgie Boy Manufacturing Co in Elkhart, IN. See GBM

Condors were made by R-Vision, which is part of the Trail-lite company.  R Vision Trail-lite I don't think the Condor name is in use anymore, but was made until at least 2004. Trail-lite still makes Class A motorhomes, though, under the names Trail-Aire and Trail-lite.

Both are considered vacation-class RVs and are generally not selcetd by fulltimers.  Georgie Boy and related brands, e.g. Pursuit, have been around a long time and have a solid presence in the industry as well as a number of dealers across the USA. I'd probably chose a GBM product over an R-Vision.

we have a Georgie Boy Landau.  Have had it for 7 months now.  Not a bad coach for our first one.  However, the fit and finish on it is not nearly as nice as some of the higher end motorhomes.  I enjoy it, and if you can get one for a good price, I'd consider it.  We looked at the Pursuit because it has bunkbeds, however, we liked the Georgetown SE and Winnebago makes a 35 footer with bunkbeds now.  We will eventually get one of those used or as a leftover.

I am new to the forum and have been reading most of the posts.  I know this is an older post but felt the need to respond.  :)

For all prospective buyers of Georgie Boy used motorhomes.

We have had 3 Georgie Boy motorhomes. 

The first was a 28 foot, 1991 Cruise Master off the dealer?s lot.  Well built and we were happy with it for "get-away weekend? camping and the yearly rallies.  We had a cracked windshield which GB factory took care of at a cost one third  the price of our local auto glass replacement center and to our surprise while at the factory was told that the striping on the outside was from a bad batch and they re-striped the complete motorhome free of charge. 

Our second was a 1995, 34 foot Cruise Master which we had ordered with all the features we wanted.  Again another great job by the Georgie Boy people.  We kept it for 10 years trouble free, went fulltiming in 1999 and traveled 4-6 months a year.  Unfortunately, our 2002 caravan trip to the Canadian northwest and Alaska put a lot of strain on a 7 year old well used motor and we started having problems.  None of which was the fault of Georgie Boy.  (Of course by this time I was more than ready for a coach with slides but hubby was digging his heels in seeing nothing wrong with fulltiming in a 34 foot, no slides, not even a wide body coach.)  :mad:

Unfortunately, in 1995, Dan George the owner of Georgie Boy sold out to Coachman.  Our 1995 Cruise Master was one of the last ones manufactured before Coachman took over.  We are now fulltiming in a 2005, 38 foot triple slide Georgie Boy Cruise Master.  Just last year we went on our second tour of the factory.  What a big difference in attitudes from the upper management to the workers at the factory.  Since it was reported in the news articles that Georgie Boy was the third ranked motorhome maker, we were hoping that the Coachman people would continue with the quality that Dan George insisted on.  We found out that wasn?t so in our third coach.  Little details were overlooked, some the dealer replaced or fixed, some hubby fixed, and a few we will just have to live with.

This will probably be our last motorhome as age will creep up on us and keep us off the road driving a big rig.   :'(  If, the good Lord willing, we can keep traveling and do want a new coach, I don?t know that it would be another Georgie Boy.  When we bought this one our priorities were 1. We had 2 others and where completely happy with them and 2. We loved our Georgie Boy Owners Club.  Another mishap with Coachman buying Georgie Boy out is this winter we were informed that the GBOC was no longer functioning and if we wanted to be in a club it would have to be the Coachman Owners Club.  What a bummer.  We had a lifetime membership in the GBOC and thankfully Coachman honored it.

1 RV dealer is Florida and 1 in Mo, have quit handling Coachman MHs and GBoy MHs due to Quality.  They had them for years and when We had one it served us well but that was the Chassis doings and nothing to do with Coachman.  You get what you pay for. I won't buy another for sure.

It appears that Coachman is integrating Georgie Boy Manufacturing into their main line operations. Too bad, cause Coachman's standards for construction and service are somewhat short of ideal and not what previous Georgie Boy customers are accustomed to.

RV Roamer said:
It appears that Coachman is integrating Georgie Boy Manufacturing into their main line operations. Too bad, cause Coachman's standards for construction and service are somewhat short of ideal and not what previous Georgie Boy customers are accustomed to.

Don't ya just hate to see that happen.  Just look what Thor has done to the brands they have aquired.

Don't ya just hate to see that happen.  Just look what Thor has done to the brands they have aquired.

Yeah. I hate to categorically reject any make of RV, but I'm awful leery of anything that Thor or Coachman makes. Some friends are looking at a Mandalay coach - very pretty. But even though Mandalay is Thor's "luxury division", the fact that it is from Thor scares me and I'm reluctant to recommend the brand.  It costs quite a bit less than similarly equipped models from other manufacturers and there has to be some differences somewhere.

I feel the same way but also have to include Gulf Stream products with it.  JMO  But I had two dealer friends of ours have eliminated both Coachman and Gulf Stream from their inventories and that's good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom