Parking overnight, not in Campground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are past full timers and have stayed about everywhere that is legal and in a good safe area over the years.  Walmart, Flying J, Cracker Barrel and rest stops included. Check with the state police before staying in Rest Areas. I found while overnight camping is allowed parking for eight hours is often allowed. What does this mean don't camp don't unhook your tow rig, don't BBQ, Don't put out tables and lawn chairs. Only open tip outs as needed to get around your rig. Just keep a low profile and everything goes great.

eagle said:
My question is this...where, outside of campgrounds have you been able to pull over and spend the night?  Rest areas?  I need to be able to drive to a city.  Host a meeting (maybe even on the RV) and stay the night.  I'd prefer not to have to find a campground. 
Thanks!

eagle link
We've overnighted in restaurant, hospital, super market, city hall and police department parking lots, (but only with permission).
And in rest areas and at truck stops, (without asking permission).

(BTW we have never been asked to move from a rest area even when parked longer than the posted limit).

Back
Top Bottom