paying bills on the road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you authorize a direct debit from your bank account, it's like giving them your debit card and hoping they won't abuse it.

fastphil said:
.......  I was talking to my RV dealer who advised many lenders will not finance a fulltimer without a fixed home.  That surprised me as it seems almost all the folks I have met on the road are very upright people and would be horrified at not meeting their debts.  Perhaps not all institutions are in love with the RV Lifestyle!? 

That RV dealer must not be willing to sell you anything. Of course, fulltimers can get financing!! We did, for both of our coaches. If one has a good credit rating, financing is available. And there are financial institutions that specialize in RV financing.  :D

Jackliz, I thought that was the case.  I have no idea why she said that.  We have purchased two RVs from them and had no problem.  We have the stick home tho and as we enter the fulltime world it has numerous unknowns to us.  We have streamlined all the bills we can into the autopay/electronic medium and have had no trouble.  It saves us time and worry.  We do monitor our accounts electronically as well so we know what is happening at any given time.  I would recommend this if you go the route we have.  Thank you for the good info on financing!  What you said makes sense and seems real.  She painted a picture of someone being financed and disappearing only to surface a few years later with a wreck.  I am sure it happens but would be the exception rather than the rule.  As I told my wife, "it makes no sense as there is money to be made, how could that be passed up."

Back
Top Bottom