Personal Protection with the camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We got together several years ago with one of her cousins and served it. Of course we had the correct way to make it the way that her Mother made it and it was delicious. Well after the dishes were done we sat down and began to talk about it. At that time they learned that they had been making it completely wrong for decades with a missing main ingredient. :)
Leaving out an important ingredient when sharing a recipe with a family member they did not want to share it with is a decades old trick of some cooks!!

Funny thing. We have a Vizio TV in the den and one in the kitchen. Our den chairs used to be close together then she purchased a new chair and we are too far apart to share the remote. I got the Vizio remote from the kitchen and now we each have one. I was flipping through channels the other day and all of a sudden the channels start flipping back. Then I flipped back again and my wife starts yelling “What’s wrong with the TV”. You take it from there. 😎
I met one couple where the husband had an outside TV and the wife controlled the inside TV! That kept them both happy, apparently!!

We stay together (36 married) just to spite all those who said it'd never last!
You couldn't count all the times I heard same-sex relationships can't last.

42 years together for Tom & me. 1974 until he died in 2016. But we could only be legally married for the last few years of that.

If it were not for Tom, I doubt if I would have ever owned an RV. That was 100% his idea. And if not for him, then you guys here wouldn't have to put up with me here. ;)

Same with my interest in guns. I learned about them in the army, but I had no interest until Tom got interested in Antique pistols and old western Winchesters. But I then got interested in the type of guns I was already somewhat familiar with. Mostly the scary looking rifles that are illegal here in CA, but not in NV where they are kept.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Last edited:

43 years together for Tom & me. 1974 until he died in 2016. But we could only be legally married for the last few years of that.

Same with my interest in guns. I learned about them in the army, but I had no interest until Tom got interested in Antique pistols and old western Winchesters. But I then got interested in the type of guns I was already somewhat familiar with. Mostly the scary looking rifles that are illegal here in CA, but not in NV where they are kept.

If it were not for Tom, I doubt if I would have ever owned an RV. That was 100% his idea too. And if not for him, then you guys here wouldn't have to put up with me here. ;)

-Don- Auburn, CA
I for one appreciate you as a member!

43 years together for Tom & me. 1974 until he died in 2016. But we could only be legally married for the last few years of that.

If it were not for Tom, I doubt if I would have ever owned an RV. That was 100% his idea too. And if not for him, then you guys here wouldn't have to put up with me here. ;)

-Don- Auburn, CA

My nextdoor neighbors recently got divorced. Brad & Joel were together 10 years, I think. Nice folks and great neighbors. When they first moved in I told Brad that I was all for gay marriage. Why should it be only straight folks that get the experience the sheer horror that is marriage! LOL!

Seventy years ago there was a couple living a few houses down from us. Agnes and Belle I believe we’re their names. One was a preschool teacher the other a chiropratist. I was in preschool so I rode to school with the teacher. No one spoke ill of them and if my memory is correct everybody was friendly with them. It was some years later that I realized they were gay. Nobody cared.

" But she sure loves hand signals and has her favorite open carry weapon "YOU ARE GOING TO SLEEP WITH DOG TONIGHT""

It's when she threatens to make you sleep with the fishes is when you should worry...

" But she sure loves hand signals and has her favorite open carry weapon "YOU ARE GOING TO SLEEP WITH DOG TONIGHT""

It's when she threatens to make you sleep with the fishes is when you should worry...
Well to be fair, she firmly believes that you should not pollute the freshwater lakes, the waterways or the oceans.

42 years together for Tom & me. 1974 until he died in 2016. But we could only be legally married for the last few years of that.

If it were not for Tom, I doubt if I would have ever owned an RV. That was 100% his idea. And if not for him, then you guys here wouldn't have to put up with me here. ;)

-Don- Auburn, CA

I'm glad you're here, Don.

My partner and I are working on 20 years, and hopefully many more to go! Life is short and I know that's not guaranteed so we try to enjoy it and not sweat the small stuff too much.

There were a lot of people who thought we wouldn't last. If not more than 5 years, certainly less than 10. 15? Well that's pretty good, but how about 20? That milestone is almost behind us too. We have no plans to get rid of each other.

Back
Top Bottom