Pet Temperature Monitoring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Racer64

Hello can I get some information on best Pet temperature monitoring system In my RV
is cellular the way to go since RV WiFi is not always good?
I have heard of the Waggle RV temperature monitor system?

Last edited:
We use the GoVee wifi thermometer (Amazon) and a Visible Wireless phone as the hotspot. Works great, we can check from anywhere. Have been using it for a few years now without issue.

Hello can I get some information on best Pet temperature monitoring system In my RV
is cellular the way to go since RV WiFi is not always good?
I have heard of the Waggle RV temperature monitor system?
Hughes Autoformers makes a product called the RV Whisper. It connects to their Power Watchdog surge protectors via bluetooth and gives you alerts when the temp or battery usage changes beyond a preset limit. The unit comes with 1 temp monitor. You can buy more and the battery usage accessory also. It can use WiFi or Cellular to give you alerts. I already have the surge protector hardwired so it is easy for me to add the Whisper unit. The surge protector also automatically restarts after 90 seconds if it has to shut down due to a shore power issue. Overloading the RV power will shut it down but it will not restart until you press the restart on the app and have a connection to the surge protector. I have found that when you overload the RV the AC will not restart automatically in my motorhome, but when the surge protector shuts down due to shore power issues the AC will restart.
The Whisper unit is in the $150 range and the surge protectors run about $200-300. No subscriptions required. It uses Wifi or cellular
The Waggle is listed at $150 at Walmart or $199 on Amazon with a $10-16 subscription fee per month. Only runs on cellular. Looks like this also gives an alert when it is running on battery instead of shore or genny power.
No idea if one is better than the other or better than other products out there.
I also have no idea if this is true but my salesperson said there are some RV's out there that have a restart type of feature built into the system so any shutdown of power will turn on the AC once power is restored. I have to assume that means when you overload the RV side also.

We swapped out the AirXcel thermostat in our Toy Hauler for one of the new Micro Air Bluetooth/WiFi thermostats earlier this year. I have a Verizon Unlimited Hotspot (Jetpack 8800L) that it connects to. We can monitor the inside temperature anywhere that you have cellular service or WiFi access to the internet, via an app on the phone. With this setup, you can not only see the inside temperature in the camper, you can also change any of the settings......raise or lower the heat or A/C, change it over to heat pump (if you have that type of A/C unit, or turn on the furnace. We also put an Arlo camera inside so that we can keep an eye on him if we want to.

We use the Marcell device which monitors temperature within a customizable range, as well as power continuity for the 110v system.

It's great where there's cell service. We use Verizon as the carrier which has typically had good rural coverage. Unfortunately, it does not connect over wifi.

simple basic monitor system - DON'T leave your pets alone in the RV. Never fails, in compliance with ALL campground rules, never have to worry about barking, temp, lack of water or food. So very simple. Why do people take pets when they don't want to be responsible for them?

We have a Class B camper van and take our Great Dane and Lab. We are now able to walk them in the am and leave them without worry. This Nimble RV pet temperature monitor works better than I expected. I receive messages on my phone and apple watch to alert me if power crashes or if the temp is higher than what I program for alerts.

As a Bluetooth-connected device, I am impressed. Most Bluetooth products we have can only link at less than 100 feet. This pet temperature monitor maintains a strong and reliable connection at 325 feet. RV owners can have a great time at the campgrounds, and their pets will be safe and sound in the RV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom