Phone icon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Mark

I'm new today and have a question.im not a dummy on the puter but I can be. Is there a way for me to put this on my phone , I mean an symbol I can just click on to bring it up like and app.
Thanks

Open rvforum.net in your preferred search engine. When it's open you'll see three dots in the top right, click on them and a drop down menu will show add to home screen. Touch that and an icon will then be somewhere on your home screen.
If you touch and hold the icon, you can move it to wherever you want on your home page(s).
Works for nearly all websites.
Hope this helps

Open rvforum.net in your preferred search engine. When it's open you'll see three dots in the top right, click on them and a drop down menu will show add to home screen. Touch that and an icon will then be somewhere on your home screen.
If you touch and hold the icon, you can move it to wherever you want on your home page(s).
Hope this helps
I think the specifics of that will vary with the search engine and web browser is use, but most will offer some way to add an icon to the home screen or create a bookmark or favorite somewhere convenient. My Android phone defaults to Google search and the Chrome browser and is exactly what what TonyL says. Ditto using Firefox browser, but if I use the Edge browser it is much different. If yours looks different, tell us what phone & browser you use and someone can probably give you detailed advice.

This method should work with all browsers and search engines on computers (perhaps not on phones or tablets)

Go to the forum home page (or in my case "new posts" page.. Click into the address field on your browser and hit CTRL-A to highlight if needed then CTRL-C to copy.. Now minimize the browser
On the desktop "Right click" then choose NEW and then SHORTCUT You will find a dialog to add the URL (Click in and hit CTRL-V to paste) and perhaps to name it. (Your choice) The ICON will be the default browser But there it will be.

IF the Browser has a home page with links. (Like my phone) you will have the "Add to homepage" option.

Hope this helps
I did it that way Big Mark and I am as George Costanza said "Lord of the Idiots" in all things tech.

Back
Top Bottom