Photography

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G2EWS said:
I do wonder why the best photographers in the world bar none spend a lot of money on the best cameras if it does not improve their ability to take photos?

You have a lot of misconceptions. First off there is no such thing as the "best" camera. There are a lot of different tools for different jobs. My camera is fabulous for wildlife photography but would suck as a studio camera or a wedding camera. I would need a different tool. You are wrongly assuming that a more expensive camera is a better camera and that is an urban legend. Just like the one that if you spend more money on equipment you will be a better photographer.

You are assuming all of the best photographers spend a lot of money on the best cameras. And that is not true. Most professionals I see are using cameras that are 3 to 5 years old at the least. At the price they pay for cameras they can't afford to upgrade every year. There are professionals that use cell phone cameras.

There are several reasons why a lot of professionals spend a lot of money on their camera. And image quality is not one of them. The most expensive cameras come with a titanium body that will withstand the abuse that most professionals give their cameras. The cheap cameras, like the Rebels have a shutter that is rated for 50,000 clicks. When the shutter dies it would cost a few hundred dollars to get the shutter replaced.  With the high end models they go about 200k to 300k clicks. More expensive cameras are weather sealed. They withstand temperature extremes better (take a my camera or a Rebel to Antarctica? Not in this lifetime). The more expensive cameras have a lot more focus points and have a lot faster focusing mechanism. There are about a dozen other reasons. None of which make the photographer any better, they make the camera more reliable under extreme conditions. And for any professional the very most important thing is reliability. Cameras that fail can cost a professional a lot of money.

So the point is, if you are so good, then get hold of the people in Hollywood, I am sure they will be happy to use your services instead of paying Jason so much money and going through so much expense to get him there.

I have never said I was "so good". I am retired. You could not pay me any amount of money to go back to work of any kind. I am living full time on the road and having a blast. I lived 60 miles from Hollywood for 30 years. I have been there hundreds of times. You could not pay me to go back there again. The people there are way too phony and it costs a damn fortune to live anywhere within 100 miles of Hollywood. Work is a four letter word.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardp
Back
Top Bottom