please help me figure out what i bought!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes i am quite sure that the 200 gallon water tank that i looked at with my very own eyes underneath the bed is a 200 gallon tank.
What is its measured size? Be aware that even a 45' class A diesel pusher usually doesn't carry more than 100 gallons or so. 200 gallons would be 26.77 cubic ft. as Bill indicates. My suspicion is that you have around 10% of that, 20-25 gallons for that sized rig, maybe a bit more. And as Henry says, that 1600 lbs of water would likely be over the max cargo weight (all by itself) for the rig.

However, since you're the one looking at it, just be sure to carry a little drinking water in case you run out of water before you expect to.

Luck.

It is amazing how far we have came in GVWR capacity, the modern E350 is 12,500 and modern E450 is 14,500, by comparison it looks like the 1995 model (based on old brochures from a couple of brands may be as little as 10,500 - 11,500 for the E350 chassis

One thing about this group is when they get on the hunt they don't let go - LOL...

In theory a 2 X 4 X 4 tank will hold 230 gallons. If it is under a queen berth the problem is height.

I measured my tank 1 X 3.5 X 3 = 78 gallons. My spec advertises 80 and with undrainable and unfillable the height is probably more like .75 or an honest 60 usable.

re: the fresh water tank. you can all now return to sleeping soundly at night knowing that you are correct. the tank is 45 gallons.

the guy who sold us the RV made a joke about the tank being 200 gallons and i didn't inspect the tank carefully when we bought it (my boyfriend did), so i thought he was serious because the 45 gallon tank was so much bigger than anything else i'd ever seen. (we'd previously only been considering vans so i had been looking at 15/20/25 gallon tanks and the 45 gallon tank takes up about half the space underneath the queen sized bed)

anyway, congratulations on being right! ;)

re: the fresh water tank. you can all now return to sleeping soundly at night knowing that you are correct. the tank is 45 gallons.
Now tell us about that 300 gallon fuel tank - LOL...

Thanks for being a good sport and coming in to tell everyone. You are right, some of us old farts were losing sleep over this - o_O

also, somebody said they wanted to see some pictures of the interior. enjoy!

if anyone lives near Indianapolis and is interested in any of the interior components, let me know! they will all be coming out.
001_intbefore.jpgs

002_intbefore.jpg003_intbefore.jpg006_intbefore.jpg007_intbefore.jpg

We have a 1993 Firan Telstar much like yours, with the "Arctic Package" Corian countertops, icemaker on fridge, the whole works! It has the big 460 Ford V8 in a E-350 chassis. We love it. How's yours coming along?

I just saw your interior pics and we have a rear bathroom and dinette. We envy you the rear bed although our baby, "Potter" seems more open and spacious than your pics seem to show...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom