Plywood Seams Showing under the fiberglass Roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know Sarge...I think I am going with your first advise....don't worry about it if the luan seams underneath the fiberglass aren't stressing the fiberglass too much.

Mark - I have noticed the seams along the length of the roof since it was new, and also can see a few lines across the ceiling inside the coach.  Asked the tech when I purchased the coach about the roof seams and his statement was "what in the world would you want to be up on the roof for anyway?"  Figured right then no use pursuing  the situation any further since he undoubtedly didn't believe in keeping the roof clean.  I'm sure at this stage and age of the game Winnebago is going to state everything looks just fine.

Allen
2004 Meridian 36G

Appreciate the post Allen.  :)

I get on my roof several times a year to wash and also to install the ADCO cover.

Mark,

Mine has had the same seams since we have owned it...  It's an 01 we have had it since 06.

They do seem to vary a bit with temperature, if it is colder out they are less pronounced, but even at their highest point I wouldn't consider them major. Almost every Winnie I have seen has been the same so I never really gave it a second thought.  Yes, I am pretty anal about cleaning the roof too, so I am up there at least 4 times a year washing and waxing....

I chock it up to flex and heat expansion.  Have you ever seen Vinyl siding installed on a house?  You can't nail it 'Tight' because when the sun its it it must expand or contract.  Since the fiberglass used on our roofs and sidewalls is really nothing but a thin layer, I think there needs to be some expansion in that too, maybe not as pronounced as vinyl, but it still moves some...

John

Back
Top Bottom