Power Gear slide control issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cpeckham

My power gear is flashing 1 green and 1 red. When I try to extend the room slide there is nothing no sound at all. Two days ago we found the aux battery discharged and also a cable loose on the other battery. We got them all charged up but I am not sure if I need to do some sort of reset on the control board or what. I hate to do something wrong. From what I have read I need to remove the board and press two reset buttons on the back. But if I do that will I have to reprogram the whole thing?

Any help is really appreciated. I can't find codes that refer to 1 green flash followed by 1 red flash..

Thanks

Hi cpeckham. That sounds like a low voltage error message, which isn't an unusual error message for Power Gear slides. If yours is like mine, the little PC board switches are on the back of the switch panel. I'm going from memory here, but after you remove the switch panel, you have to hold down one, or both switches for a couple of seconds, and the lights should stop flashing. There's nothing to do after the lights stop flashing. (Except reinstall the switch panel)

Kev

I think you may be correct. I found the aux battery is not charged again today. There is a main battery and an aux battery. The main one remains charged but the aux one keeps loosing its charge. I guess I need to replace it. Can 1 bad battery cause the power gear to show that error? Thank you.

My power gear is flashing 1 green and 1 red. When I try to extend the room slide there is nothing no sound at all. Two days ago we found the aux battery discharged and also a cable loose on the other battery. We got them all charged up but I am not sure if I need to do some sort of reset on the control board or what. I hate to do something wrong. From what I have read I need to remove the board and press two reset buttons on the back. But if I do that will I have to reprogram the whole thing?

Any help is really appreciated. I can't find codes that refer to 1 green flash followed by 1 red flash..

Thanks
Do you know the model of your system? This is the one I have, if it is the same.

Make sure your batteries are up, engine running and brake set.

Attachments

• powergear digisync Room Slide System.pdf
    742.9 KB · Views: 8
There is a main battery and an aux battery. The main one remains charged but the aux one keeps loosing its charge. I guess I need to replace it. Can 1 bad battery cause the power gear to show that error?
Is this RV a motorhome? With two batteries total? "Main" and "Aux" typically refer to the engine/chassis battery (aka "MAIN") and the house 12v system ("AUXiliary"). I so, the slide motor runs of one or the other but not both. Late model-year motorhomes have their slides operated by the Main battery (per RVIA design standards), but older ones typically used the Aux battery(s).

Do you know the model of your system? This is the one I have, if it is the same.

Make sure your batteries are up, engine running and brake set.
The system looks just like yours. I just don't see a code for 1 green flash and 1 red flash.

The engine has to run to make the rooms move. And yes the brake is set. It also has to be level first.
Thanks

Attachments

• room slide.JPG
    room slide.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 2
Is this RV a motorhome? With two batteries total? "Main" and "Aux" typically refer to the engine/chassis battery (aka "MAIN") and the house 12v system ("AUXiliary"). I so, the slide motor runs of one or the other but not both. Late model-year motorhomes have their slides operated by the Main battery (per RVIA design standards), but older ones typically used the Aux battery(s).
This is a class A Holiday Rambler 2018 model. It has two house batteries. I am not talking about the ones under the hood :). The main battery seems good but the Aux one fails to keep a charge. Would my 2018 be considered older?

Thanks

I would look very hard the batteries. If one is failing, that could be very well be your problem and cause weird errors like you are seeing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom