Power slide and Jacks will not work. 2003 Colorado 28BH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UT_MTN_MAN

Trailer is a 2003 Colorado 28BH fifth wheel,  I recently purchased the trailer, I bought 3 brand new group 29 deep cycle batteries,  I've taken it camping a few times and have not had any problems with it, came home last weekend, unhooked, lowered the front jacks until it was level, started running the slide out and it went about 4 inches and stopped.  I manually cranked the slide out so we could clean out the trailer.  the front power jacks quit working also...  I have tested all the fuses with a volt meter, everything is good, I do not have any power to the slide out switch or the front power switch.  Everything else in the trailer works, I have looked everywhere for an inline fuse by the batteries.  I am also plugged into my house, AC works...  I flipped all the breakers on and off...  still nothing.  Owners manual says it is a V-tech slide

Any thoughts on what it could be?

Welcome to the Forum!

To make sure I read properly:  Everything has worked properly recently.  Right now, even on shore power, slide outs and landing gear do not work, but other 12V items like lights and fans do work.

On my FW, the battery is in the right front corner compartment.  In the main front compartment, on the back of the battery compartment, the battery POS wire comes through the wall and connects to 3 or 4 separate two post connector looking things.  I recently learned these are actually auto reset breakers.  One or more may have tripped. Check for voltage to ground on both sides of each of these.

While MOST 12V stuff goes through the main fuse panel, some items, including landing gear and slides usually do not.  They are fused other places, such as described above.  The fact lights work indicate it is not a battery or converter issue.

grashley that's exactly what it was!  I looked at those many times, I knew the system had to be fused somewhere.  There are two mounted to my frame just to the left of the batteries, the reset button is under one the connections so I never saw it, it is about half the size of a pencil eraser.  I had to feel around for it, sure enough it was popped out.  I don't know why I never took a volt meter or test light to see if I had power on both sides of those blocks, they looked like power distribution blocks.

Everything works now!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

This is why each of us toss out our idea!  This time, I got it right.  I am really glad you found the free fix!!
Next time, somebody else will nail it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom