Power supply confusion...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To make it a bit more clear, some of your 120 VAC stuff will use the red to the two yellows.

Other 120 VAC stuff will use the blue to the two yellows.

Two different 120VAC circuits just as a 50 amp RV has, but a 30 AMP RV usually does NOT have such in the USA, yours being an exception.

It looks like yours is the same 50 amp idea but on a 30 amp plug. You're most likely good for a total of 60 amps at 120 VAC, just as a 50 amp RV is good for a total of 100 amps at 120 VAC. IOW, you have 30 amps on each leg of 120 VAC just as a 50 amp RV has 50 amp service on each leg. The normal 30 amp RV only has one line, so 30 amps max.

IOW, your RV should be able to have twice the load of 120 VAC stuff inside your RV than a normal USA 30 amp RV, but 40 amps less than an RV with 50 amp service.

So your RV is between the 30 amp(really is a total of 30 amps) and 50 amp RVs (really is a total of 100 amps at 120 VAC) with your 60 amp total. Something I have never seen before, but it will well explain why you have a L14-30P for an AC plug.

If there is anything in your RV that really requires 240 VAC, it will be the red to blue wires. But I would NOT assume anything inside your RV runs from 240 VAC.

The yellow will be the ground lug of each outlet, regardless if 120 VAC or 240 VAC. It is shared with the neutral.

That is the only sense I can make out of it. The two wires to the same terminal is what gives the clue of those being neutral and ground (RV frame).

-Don- Reno, NV

Don't we have enough trouble with chinese pruducts? Now we are importing rv's from there and dealing with bizarre wiring schemes? To the OP, how long did it take to get it shipped here?

Now we are importing rv's from there and dealing with bizarre wiring schemes?
Yeah, I guess China didn't realize that the USA RV Parks normally do not have L14-30Rs.

But the 60 amp total capacity at 120 VAC will be better than the common 30 amp RV, which is an improvement.

With one of these thingies, just plug into a 14-50R (so called 50 amp service) at most RV parks and that should do the trick. Can use another adapter for the 30 amp service or even for 120 VAC.

I doubt if anything at all needs to be modified, just needs the above adapter and leave everything as is.

IOW, it's probably not the big problem some here think it is.

-Don- Reno, NV

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oldlawnman
Back
Top Bottom